Help, do my dogs need a permit?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out if I need to get a permit from Cambodia in order to get my animals into the country from the UK.
I have contacted the Cambodian embassies in London and Phnom Penh and also DEFRA but no one seems to know what the procedure is. I am being passed back and forth from one agency to another and have now been advised by the embassy to look at Intraco which is a travel/freight agency!    :huh:
yp.com.kh/listings/kh13730-intra-co

My dogs are microchipped, have a passport and all vaccinations, including rabies and I can get a health certificate before I leave.
Has anyone had a problem getting their pets into the country without a permit?

Thanks
Kelly x

In all the research I've done that's pretty much all you need. Get the health certificate before you go and you should be good.

Thanks, MagicMaura. Are you there yet? How are you getting on with your travel plans.

I had a response from the airline today, they advised we have to book our flights first and then apply for the dogs to go with us once we have a booking reference. It's a bit worrying though as there is no guarantee they will allow snub nosed dogs on their planes.
Hope everything goes okay for you.