Best banks in Sweden for foreigners

Hi!

I am moving to Sweden to work as a Software Engineer. As I will need a bank account, I want to know which bank is good for foreigners in Stockholm area/Sweden?

Thank you

Handelsbanken

Lettinga wrote:

Handelsbanken

Could you give reason so that I could go for it?

Thank

I'm interested in an answer to this too.

Perhaps this writeup about Handelsbanken is relevant:
bbc.com/news/business-25336448

I also found this (relatively old) discussion:
thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?showtopic=36401

But would be interested to hear some local input.

Surely Nordea would be the best as it operates all over Scandinavia. If you already have a Finnish account, I believe they can set a Swedish account up for you while you are still in Finland, as long as you have a Swedish address already.

If not, I guess it would be easy to set up your Swedish account if you had one in Finland.

Handelsbanken is the best bank in Sweden. In many banks in Sweden you canŽt open account if you are from USA.  You can read here: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Internat … n-Persons.

hej i have question i have a residency in austria i dont have account in austria  and i live in sweden i went to open an account they say that i must have 4 personnumbers to be able to open an account or a job contract ?

what do u think i would do ?

To be registered in the Swedish population register means that you have a personal identity number and that you are registered as living at a certain address and property.

you have employment, provide services or are self-employed in Sweden
you are registered as studying in an approved educational establishment in Sweden and have comprehensive health Insurance.
you have sufficient funds for the support of yourself and your family and comprehensive health insurance valid for residence in Sweden for all family members.
you are seeking employment in Sweden with realistic prospects of achieving employment.

You need a job contract Before you can be registered in the Swedish population register.

Ok thx