Volunteer work ??? Discussion classes at a language school

I have a friend who lives in Kiev and I plan on visiting her in November for 2 - 3 months. I did not meet her on the Internet or anything like that, we worked together many years ago and remain best of friends. I have a flexible job and don't need to work or make money on my trip. I have always been interested in teaching english and was wondering if I could volunteer at a language school or do I need a certification ?? If I do need a. Certification I was thinking of going to school in the Czech Republic for a month to take the class and then return to Ukraine.  Does anyone have any advice for me ??? I plan on going with a fiend and have found a few places to stay on the site Airbnb. Should I goto Ukraine  first and try to volunteer for discussion classes or should I actually goto school for a month ??? I've always wanted to teach in another Country and I feel this would be the perfect time. I'm a city boy from New York and I think this would be a great experience. I love helping people and learning new things. 
   Thank you,
           New York Jon

Volunteering means for free. In this case you do not need any certificate as it is not considered a service.

Thank you for responding.
Yes, I wouldn't mind working for free. I think I would love helping people learn to speak english in a discussion class or something like that. Would something like that be hard to find ?? I have friends that live in Ukraine and its something I've always wanted to do, I think it would be fun. I would appreciate any suggestions.
      Thank you,
               Jon

You can meet up with your "students" at any cafe but you also can rent a special place for doing such things. Im sure your students would not mind to participate in paying the rent as your teaching will be free. Do not forget to book 2 seats for me;)

I just want you to know that I really appreciate you responding to me & answering questions. I'm from NYC and my best friend is from Michigan and we both would love to do this for 3 months. If you have any recommendations on a cafe, that  would be great. I'm currently looking for a guide to work for me for 2 - 4 weeks helping me get moved and starting something like this.  If I'm helping people, I wouldn't mind paying the rent either. I'm really looking for an adventure and doing something for others. The one thing I can definetly do, is talk  and have discussions. My friends from Ukraine are all amazing people and all tell me that I would love doing this. I will keep you informed of where I settle down in Kiev and where my discussion class we be held. I just hope it's not to hard finding people wanting to join. If anyone else has some information, I would really appreciate any and all help and for a hardcore New Yorker asking for help is a hard thing to swallow for me but thank you. I'm really excited for this chapter of my life and think it will be extremely rewarding.
    Thank you AGAIN,
                      Jon

You should be careful about offering free english speaking classes because you can get too many visitors. Students won't be an issue at all.
As to a place, i believe it came from the US. I forgot the correct term for this thing. Its not a dwelling. Its a room or flat, furnished with a tv and audio set, tea and coffee kits, comfortable chairs and sofas for groups of people yo come and watchmovies, playing card games, video games, holdg speaking clubs etc.

I never in a million years would think I would have that much interest in a discussion class. I'm very outgoing and love to meet new people, my girlfriend is from another country and I help all of her friends with speaking english and all five of them are the top 5 students in the school. It's extremely fun & rewarding and really funny. I have a few questions for you :: do you think if I rented a large 4 bedroom apartment in downtown Kiev, should I have the class at my home ?? Should I put up signs in english and Ukrainian around coffee shops ?? How would you recommend qualifying students for the discussion ?? How long should a class be in theory ?? I really want to help people speak english that have a fairly good grasp of the language and just need help with speaking and pronunciation, how would I convey that ?? Could I have more than one class a day with different students ?? The more you give me advice, the more excited I get -- thank you for that. I guess I really know if I should have the class at my home and how you would choose your ( my ) students. Wow, thank you so much for you help / time. It's really refreshing to have someone like yourself help me.
      Thank you,
               Jon

I cannot give you advice on that as I do not know. But I used to visit one that was hosted by a US guy in his studio. There were around 15 people and sometimes it was quite tightly. We discussed some topic for an hour, then we would go buy some finger food or snacks and have tea, then we would play Mafia, monopoly etc.
If I were you i would start with a small group of friends to see how it would go. If it goes well then your students can bring their friends for a next class. I feel that the more people participate the less they have time for talking so they practice less. So smaller groups give better feedback.
For security reasons i wouldn't invite strangers to your place.
I did not answer to all your questions but I am not competent in answering to them.

You can go to any language school and tell them that you would like to do a speaking club for them.  They would love it, plus since it is free even better.  But most of all, it will be there students or guests and you would not have to invite strangers to your home.  It can be dangerous.  There are desperate times in Ukraine so be careful.  Most people are good, but not all of them have good intentions.

Thank you for your feedback. I think I will do exactly what you recommend.

Also it does not hurt to ask them to pay you something, even if it is 200 UAH, it is not that much.  But something for you.  Better to ask than to just stand still.  No harm.