Ortigas Volunteer Job wanted

I am moving to Ortigas, Manila in June. My girlfriend is following in September. I have a full time paid job, however my girlfriend is looking good for volunteer work around the Ortigas area. She would be able to work full-time Mon-Fri. Has a background in Media and advertising with a university degree. Would not be looking for any monetary value due to visa, looking for a job to give back to the community and also to put on CV.

Have tried emailing charities etc but had no response. Any help is much appreciated.

Hello DamoRugby and welcome to Expat.com

I would invite you to drop an advert for your girlfriend in our Volunteering in Manila section of the site so as to better spread the word.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks guys. I will tell her to create an account and then post an advert in that section.

Basically looking for any work that isn't paying (strange choice I know) due to Visa regs it cannot be paid. She is looking for a challenging daytime role in which will provide challenges. For example we have seen some animal charities in Manila that ask for volunteers. Unfortunately we don't seem to get much response when emailing them.

We are ideally looking to line up a couple of ft meetings for her in June when she is out to visit so that hopefully a role can be started in September.

All help appreciated.

Thankyou very much

Hello! Maybe you can try to look on the internet and check on various foreign chambers of commerce that most likely have some foundations or charities established with them as part of their corporate social responsibility.

I've met one business owner who's business is into Italian dishes or ristorante. In his company, they have a foundation wherein programs are into residential care, vocational courses and informal education which being participated by orphaned or neglected children from depressed areas. Let me see I could talk to him regarding this matter.

Hi guys. Yeah she will be free pretty much all day every day and is looking for roles to help fill her time. As I say she is just looking for a new challenge and if possible to give something back to the community as well.

Yeah it has been very difficult to make contact. It would just be good if some meeting could be set up for June when she is in Manila in order that her mind can be put at rest before coming out in September.

Kyrizthinne if you could mention this that would be brilliant. Some sort of informal teaching role, or even if some additional marketing could be done in order to try and strengthen the foundation. Anything is going to be considered. 

Once again thanks very much

Hi everyone, I am DamoRugby's girlfriend. Thanks for all your suggestions. As previously stated, we've had trouble getting in touch with charities online so any help would be much appreciated! I'm looking for unpaid volunteer work mon-fri in the Ortigas area, since I won't have my own transport to get to other areas in Manila. I'll post in the volunteering in Manila section on this site but if anyone has any other advice it would be great if you could share it :)

UNV are active in many places and have an online volunteering:

https://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en/v … ty_search/

International organisations in Philippines also hire foreigners for some positions, if you are thinking of getting your own work permit

http://unjobs.org/duty_stations/mnlhttp://reliefweb.int/jobs?country=188#content