Time required to get VISA for KSA

Hello Members,

I have received offer letter from Alfanar and Co. in Riyadh as a Sr. Engineer in IT.They are going to provide Engineer visa for me. Can you please tell me how much time it is require to get the VISA in India (Chennai)

Consultancy is also offering me to take technician visa so that process will take less time. Also they are telling that after arrival in Riyadh Company will change the status from technician to Engineer. But how safe will be that? is it really possible or just a trick? Moreover what will be the difference in technician visa and engineer visa?

It is easy for companies to issue Technician Visa and it is easy for you to process technician Visa,
There is no major difference in technician and engineer visa,
both of them are applicable for family status and on arrival visas to nieghbouring countries, further there are some special facilities for engineer visa i.e. you can bring maid from your country and you can bring driver from your country, that is not a big deal anyway,
Now its upto you, you can change it to engineer visa once you arrive here on technician visa by showing your degree to Saudi Engineering council, There must be a WORD written in your degree is ENGINEER, no matter if you are MASTERS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE you will not get Engineering visa unless it is written ENGINEER on your degree, yes you heard right.
further you need several attestations on your degree from several departments pre submission, SEC will inform you about that in pre requisities.
Profession change fees is around 2000 SAR I think, will be provided by company, ask them.
GoodLuck

Thanks