Advice on opening a business

We are considering a move to Chile (just in the first dreaming/dreamy stages right now). We are in the food service business and would like to open a restaurant in the lakes district. We were thinking Puerto Varas/Puerto Montt area. Please give any feedback that might be relevant. Also, and I know this is a weird question, but my wife wants to know what the lakes districts are like as far a creepy crawly things go (eg. snakes, spiders, ticks, mosquitos, pollen, etc)? Thanks a million for your help!

Hello agcandkrc and welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope that some members will be able to enlighten your queries a little bit

Best of luck in your future projects

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hey you!

More of that type of cities: Pucon-Villarica area and Chiloe island.

In summer there are a lot of tourist that speak english that come from Europe and US to the south of Chile, so if you will open a restaurant thats a good oportunity, also open a hostal, because there is a lot of backpacking from another countries. But i have hear that the rest of the year is more slowly, so keep en eye on that

You should know that in the south of Chile it rain a lot, so polen and moskitos is not an issue, is not that kind of nature... chilean mythology could be more dangerous! hahaha...

Ricardo