Need Advice Urgently - is 1000KD a good offer?

Dear All,

I am planing to relocate from myanmar to Kuwait. I am an Electrical Design Engineer with 7 years of experience in Electrical Switchgear Industry. I got job offer from IEPC Kuwait.They offered me 1000 KD inclusive of all. is it sufficient for a family of 3 (me, wife and 10 months kid) ?

Presently I am offered 2500 USD + Family accomodation + Car allowance + air ticket for family once a year + Medical insurance.

I already negotiated for the offer, but they not consider. In this situation I hve some questions in my mind, I am very confused too to make a decision. So guys please help me to answer the below questions,

1. Is it worth to move to kuwait in this salary compare to the present one.
2. I heard kuwait is not safe place to live, is it true ? Is there any issues are there ?
3. What is the cost of 1bhk furnished modern appartment in indian places, preferably safest place.
4. Any one know about the IEPC company ? Is it reputed one. Please do advice.
5. How about the taxi fares or rental for 1 month.

Guys hope you help me in this case, please do advice to decide whether I hve to relocate or continue in the present job.

BR

G.Balaji

Your immediate reply is highly required to make decission..please advice me...

The Kuwait offer is over $800 more monthly. But, you didn't say if the offer for $2500 is for the US? If it is for the US, it is not a good offer. From what little I have seen in Kuwait, 1000 KWD will be sufficient for your small family. Especially since there will be no school expenses for a while.

Hi Ms. Sherrio,

Thanks for your information.

2500 USD I am getting in myanmar (Burma) not in USA.

Hope look forward to have your advice, if possible please do answer my above questionaries. One thing the kuwait company not ready to provide initial air ticket also to come to kuwait. So I dnt think its a reputed company...how you think ?

Please advice...

Hi Sherrio,

2500 USD is take home, apart from that company provided Family accomodation + Family residence + two way airt ticket for family + Car allowance + Medical allowance for family.

I can save here arround 1600 USD/Month.

How much can I able to save according to the offered salary. Could you pls advice.

The cost of living in Myanmar is significantly lower than Kuwait so if you're hoping to save it might not be much more than what you're already saving. Kuwait is very expensive so you're comfortable in Myanmar I'd stay put if I were in your shoes.

Being able to save $1600 a month is excellent. I would just convert the Kuwaiti offer and expected expenses to USD, then make your comparison from that. I have an offer slightly higher than yours, but I will be paying for private school for three children. I don't expect to save anything. (I am moving for a better quality of life in an Arab/Islamic country, compared to our current situation in Jordan) So, you have decide what your goals are. If you are happy living in Burma, I certainly wouldn't move. If Kuwait has more to offer you professionaly, or offer your family personally, then consider the Kuwait offer.

I know nothing about the company, and not much about Kuwait. My company didn't offer to pay for my ticket, but they are providing housing accommodations for the first three months, so the cost works out about the same.

does my heart joy to see two lovely ladies that came to the forum as doe-eyed expats turn into serial advice givers,,,

:D:D:D

cant add anything to the excellent info already provided; check your own situation, know that it is not all about money in the end, u want ot be in a place where you are comfortable, read more about life in kuwait in general and make an informed decision based on all factors.

also i'd check with the wife first what her thoughts are :) women are wise, i'm closing in on my first year of marriage and still find it amazing the wisdom that pours out of womenfolk, even when not requested :P

Thank you so much Sherrio and tinataitlyn for your useful information.

Its very much helpful to make decision, yes i also thought the savings might not be more than what i am saving now. So i am clear in what i need to do. Really appreciate your advice.

Thanks and BR
G. Balaji

Yes Legacy, they gave very good advice. So now i am clear what i have to do.

Thanks for your advice too. But if anybody knows about the company, please do share some words to make better decision. Company name is IEPC Industrial Electrical Projects Co. If possible could you please check in local and advice in order to make the correct decision.

Thanks Guys for your advice. Hope to look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi balagi084,

Kuwait is expensive place than Myanmar. You are already getting $2500+accommodation, so  there is no meaning to come to Kuwait on KD 1000($3320). Please don't think to come if employer is offering you KD1000

Hi Man1234,

Yes I also thought the same. But now employer approaching me to negotiate. How much can I accept finally if they want to negotiate really ?

Your advice is highly appreciable.

You should get KD1900-2000+air ticket for family once a year + Medical insurance, apart from these if you get something more benifit  then it is good for you.

Alright... my turn...   :P   lol

In my "humble" opinion... 

As legacy brought up ... it's not always about the money ... and I believe there's a middle ground to be sought here. 
I could be wrong but don't think your expenses would exceed much more then about 700, and as one of the lady's said, factoring in the young age of your kids ... sooooo, that would probably put your savings at about 300-400 monthly (roughly 1200 usd, give or take) ... "as things stand currently", ... and you would also have a large community from your own culture here, and the resources that are offered through said community ... ... if you were negotiate up a little (1000 all in, probably means 700 base with 300 for accommodation and transportation) ... maybe try to get the 'base' up to 1000, and an annual flight (I believe the insurance is already employer mandated by the government for expats, so probably not a valid point of negotiation / not that 'they' won't try to 'sell' that as a perk - lol) ... the extra 300 could go towards quality of life issues (an extra bedroom / or nicer car) or adding towards more savings. 

Regardless of your choices ... have fun with your new adventure  :)

Hi Enigmausly,

Thanks for your more information and advice.

I already tried to negotiate with the HR, but they not consider for Air tickets and other benefits too. They can provide only as whole package 1000 KD inclusive of all. So please advice what are the standard benefits which i can get from company as per Kuwait law. Even they not said about medical insurance also.

Please do advice, in what ways i can try to negotiate with them, you advice is highly appreciable.

you just said they were wanting to negotiate, ...but... if you've already negotiated with them and that was your final result, it's pretty simple... are you satisfied or not?   lol

Negotiation is in process...still they consider my request. but i am not sure.

See balagi084, If you are getting $2500+accommodation+car allowance+medical  then why you want to change your job on same salary what you are getting currently.

Current salary
$2500+$800 accommodation+$300 Car =$3600

offering  you in Kuwait
KD 1000=$3300

If you compare the offer with your current salary then you will be getting less salary. So please don't  accept the offer   if you won't  KD 1900-2000. And also Kuwait is more expensive than Mynmmar. You must get medical, travel allowance to your home country in a year or two years.

man1234 wrote:

See balagi084, If you are getting $2500+accommodation+car allowance+medical  then why you want to change your job on same salary what you are getting currently.

Current salary
$2500+$800 accommodation+$300 Car =$3600

offering  you in Kuwait
KD 1000=$3300

If you compare the offer with your current salary then you will be getting less salary. So please don't  accept the offer   if you won't  KD 1900-2000. And also Kuwait is more expensive than Mynmmar. You must get medical, travel allowance to your home country in a year or two years.

I believe the ideal that money was not the only factor was already discussed... he's already working abroad, maybe he'd like a change in his cultural environment... maybe the position offers new challenges that would benefit his upcoming career path... maybe he has a bother here, who knows... the point being simply, money is not the end all.

Each position within a company has a salary range ... they're not just making a figure up and or pulling it out of a hat... as a hiring manager I may have some leeway to negotiate ... but after an offer is made, if you shot back a figure 'double' that the rate offered, ...I wouldn't even consider you serious, no negotiation, simply move on to the next candidate.

Dear,
1- stay where you are is better , no need to relocate for few dollars more
2- Kuwait is safe country , u can do whatever u like as long as not breaking the rules

My advise is stay away from Kuwait .........

It's very expensive seriously expensive

It's difficult dealing with visas after 5 months my family are not able to mobilise last time the reason the visa was reject was the passport expires November 2016 and the new rule is 2 years required on a passport

Police clearance certificates need to be legalised in ministry of justice then ministry of foreign affairs before going to Kuwait embassy

Impossible to get a driving licence

Unless you have private insurance hospitals are a disgrace

Schooling costs a fortune

Not worth the hassle been expat all over the world including a long time in Saudi but Kuwait is the worst country I have ever visited and I intend to leave at the end of the month so do yourself a big favour and stay clear of Kuwait

I do not know that company but from my experience over here I will say....stay where you are or try another country.  Very expensive place and very difficult to process any document.  I have to leave the country every three months to renew my visa.  If your child gets to school age while you are here, he/she won't be allowed in public school.  Private schools are very expensive here.  Hope you are strong on saving money because there is no retirement plans and foods are not cheap.

To rabdcd

you are out of Number, if u faced problems in Kuwait, that is because of u , lot of people paying money to come Kuwait,

and i am replying to this guy based on financial comparison only . so i advices him not to come  ,

Dear,,
I Think what you are gettingmuch better than what they offered you , kuwait is safe but 1000 will not be enough to get good house and admit you kids in good school . Thanks

To donnabellakw Today 10:47:31

"you are out of Number, if u faced problems in Kuwait, that is because of u , lot of people paying money to come Kuwait"

Please elaborate why you think the problems I face in Kuwait are because on me???? I came to work in this country because my company of 10 years asked me to come a do a project I come with bonafide credential and 30 years experience in my field and following the advise given by the company sponsor so if you Are somehow implying its because I don't want to pay extra for somebody to smooth the path or that I don't want to provide a new iPhone that its my fault.....How can it be my fault that the rules apply to some and not to others and everything is possible depending on connections and how deep your pockets are. The system in not consistent from one department to the next and from experience gained in the last several months I would not advise everybody to find work in a country with vision and respect for the workers who travel far from home with some common dignity.   

You are right People are paying money to come to Kuwait most of whom are cheated with promises of high earning and by the time they realise that its all a pack of lies they have lost a lot.

it is not a good offer, since the rent rate is much higher in Kuwait. Your present offer is great

To Rabdcd

See, what ever problem u faced in the company is normal, it happened in most companies , and it is ur choice , either to confront the problems , and hate the work and u stay there because of the salary  or leave the company , as simple as this , if u dont like ur work , there are many people waiting  to get it ,
when u have no power no need to fight .
i also like to say , there are many decent companies u can work
what i am trying to tell you , rules of the country  have nothing to do with private companies .
try to enjoy ur staying Kuwait

To donnabellakw Today 10:47:31

Thanks for the advise I decided the salary wasn't worth the aggravation and depart at the end of the month and your right there will always be someone else in the revolving doors of Kuwait which is on the verge of being Schizophrenic it wants expats and when they arrive it messes them around with constant changing regulations and frankly There are not so many countries in this world I've not been in but Kuwait is by far the worst..... Been there done that I will never return and I will advise others to stay away from this country.
Heading to a new project in Fort McMurray better money family can travel direct with me and I can drive 😎

Dear rabdcd,

It is good u have other option , u should never regret what u have been going through, it is life ,we dont expect good things happened to us all the time.
Bad choices = experience, the more bad choices u go through the better experience u become .
enjoy your life where ever u might be