Unwanted pregnancy in riyadh

Hi everyone

Just looking for some advice.

Is it possible to get abortion pills here in Riyadh, and if so where to get it Need it for my Wife she is pregnant for just 20 to 25 days main concern is i have two Kids and the younger one is just 1 year old so please kindly  help us.

thanks.

Hi,

I think you should read this article from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Saudi_Arabia

Abortion is illegal throughout GCC except in extreme cases e.g. to save the life of the mother and that too, only under orders from a registered doctor. If you try to do it yourself at home (irrespective of whether you are married or not) and complications happen that lead you to the hospital, there is a high likelihood that you will be arrested, jailed and deported.  My advice would be to go back to your home country and get it done if the law there allows it.

Having said that; the pill that is generally used for abortions and is available in all GCC countries is Cytotec (or cytopan or Arthotec etc).  It is primarily used to treat for gastric ulcers but the side use is to induce labor contractions in the uterus that leads to abortion.  In most cases, you WILL need a prescription to get it.  Note that it is only upto 80-85% effective if used in first 9 weeks of pregnancy and is dangerous after 12 weeks. There IS a chance of complications.  Globally, it is used in conjunction with another drug called mifepristone to induce abortions and this combination is 98% effective.  But mifepristone is not available in the GCC.

You can go to this website and do research and / or order pills online (don't know if they will be delivered through customs in Saudi). https://www.womenonweb.org/

But I will still say to go back home and do it. You should not take any risks with the life of your wife in a situation where you cannot approach the authorities for professional medical help if something goes wrong.

abortion here? lol.

Since this practise is illegal, and we do not allow illegal contents on the forum, I am closing down this thread!

Closed