Student's life related questions

Hi everyone!
I've some common questions about living as student in Oslo!

Firstly let me introduce myself a bit!
I'm a senior web developer and programmer who wants to keep up studying at UIO in "Design,use and interaction" master course! Also I want to get a part time job in web development, However, I know that I can work 20 hours per week. I'm a bit thrifty, but I want to live happily in Oslo! :D
Here are questions:

+ Should I choose student housing facilities or a room in the city?! which of them are cheaper?! Can you suggest a good student house from sio.no/wps/portal/sio-en/housing/?

+ I know that a student can earn up to 120-130 NOK  per hour which would be 9000 to 10000 NOK per month. Is it enough for a month specially for a person like me?!

+ (I'm asking from those who work in WEB related jobs who live in oslo) I'm an experienced front end  developer whit a good background. Simply, Freelance jobs or employment?! Which of them are more profitable!?

Any extra information would be appreciated ;)
Thank you guys!

Hello sezarsaman,

Welcome on board!

I hope you get some good reverts for your questions.

Cheers  :par:
Marjorie

Thanks!
I hope so! :D
Cheers \m/

Hey,

I would choose a student home if you can get one. There is a shortage of those, so it's not always possible. Student life is quite good in Oslo and it's a nice way to meet plenty of new persons. It's hard to advise on which ones, there are many forum that debating those which are the best. I would aim for either the newly build ones or for Krinjå that is just near by the forest.

As a web-developper you should get more than 120-130 per hour :)

10K NOK per month is ok but it will depend a lot on your alcohol consumption, which is the most expensive thing for students here

@AuNordDuMonde

Thanks pal

I booked six of those. Respectively:
Ullevål
Vestgrensa
Nydalen
Bjerke
Sogn
Kringsjå

However some are not available at the moment, Sogn and Kringsjå are.
I didn't pay any deposit cause I presume after arriving I will. :)
Could you mention some of those forums!?
And are you a web developer yourself?!
Do you think I can make money more if I do freelance projects?!

Cheers! \m/

Looking in google with the jeywords like best studenthus oslo will bring you a wealth of forum. google translate can help for the Norwegian.

No I don't work in this branch :)

Thanks ;-)