New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sweden forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sweden if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello All,
My name is bankong-Obi, I'm a Nigeria. A journalist by profession. I have worked in the print and broadcast media for four years. I want to move to Sweden in the next couple of months. I am 33 years old. Dark skinned and brown eyes.

Hej!
My name is Dianne from the Philippines. Now residing in Sweden. English Teacher by PrProfession. Do ghost blogging,writing and editing on the sides. I am starting a new blog swedendiaries.WordPress.com. A combination of serious and non-sense and non-sense serious entries! IncIuding the grey areas. That and whole lot more here and there, whatsoever and whateve,  whoever and whose. Just that.

Trevligt träffas allihopa!

Hello Trevligt,
Got your reply.
Wish you reply me at [email protected].
I'm a journalist currently based in Nigeria. A poet and a essayist, I have completed a collection of poems and a book of history.
I will like to move to Sweden soon so that I can be in a much better creative community.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Bankong-Obi
Thank you.
Lagos,
Nigeria.

Hi I'm from India November 82 born never married and want to move to Stockholm,, is it possible for Asian person with English to work as taxi or bus driver?

Am glad to be a member of Expat.com. Am a Nigerian born but based in Spain relocating to Stockholm - Sweden this very week 15th of April 2015 . Am 5.8ft tall chocolate in color and Brown eyes. I have worked in an XRay Recycling company 5years in Spain but i see the need of my relocation becos of the present economic crisis in Spain.

Hi every one , am a nigerian married to a nigerian swede , just apply to meet my husband with our child . Hopeing to hear good news soon . Did my interfew 2 weeks ago . Thanks for having me around . Cheers

Dear all,

I am a french researcher and i will come with my wife and my daughter in Stockolm (Karolinska Insitutet) for 1 year from august 2015 to august 2016 to work in a laboratory to develop our collaborations. It seems to be very hard to find a flat in sweden as there is not specific agencies. If you have helping tools to find a little flat near Stockholm, you can contact me. I have sent many E-mails by blocket.se but I received very few answers.
With my best regards,
Karim

Am fully in Stockholm now so glad n thankful to God for a very blissful flight from Spain yesterday. Cheers everyone.

Good day!

I'm Randy. Currently residing in Singapore as a Marketing Assistant for an Offshore Company. My wife and myself are living in Singapore for almost 4 years now. We are natural born Filipinos.

I joined this forum - particularly Sweden - is because we have great interest in migrating to this beautiful country.

We will read more here and hope you guys can help us in answering some questions we have in mind.

Thanks!

Good evening Sweden a sweet greetings for me. By the way I'm Rio and I'm a friendly transgender from Philippines and having a big interest about Sweden. I find the country interesting and artistic since Stockholm is amazing city with stunning galleries and Art History. I wish someday I'm having a chances to experience and witness the beauty of this City, and also to find work there. Regards to all of you amazing people :)

Hi all, my name is Chris. I moved to Sweden in august 2014 with my wife and 3 kids. I first met my wife in Sweden in 2004 when I was over playing some rugby in sodertalje. She then moved to England in 2005 and we married in 2009. We always said 2014 we would make the move back to Sweden and it came true. At the minute I'm finding it hard as I have no job and cannot understand or speak much Swedish but hopefully things will change. We are currently living in karlstad which is a beautiful place but we are hoping to move nearer Stockholm where her family is from plus more job opportunities for me.

Hi Randy,

I'm pure Pinay too but holds dual citizenship (British-Filipino), we are new in Sweden but we have bought our own place here. Whereabouts (what part of Sweden) are you looking into moving?

Regards,
Rhea

Hallå,

We are a family of four from England, my husband is British and I have dual-citizenship (British-Filipino), I am 100% Filipino and we have 2 amazing kids. We have bought our own place in Northern Sweden and would be interested to meet new friends. Is there any Filipinos living in Vasterbotten county? We are near Lycksele. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Rhea  :)

hi everyone my name is Harris I was born in Athens Greece and i am 29 years old. I have been accepted in sustainable development master program at the Uppsala University beginning this fall so i am trying to meet people that live there and learn from them!

Hi everyone,

I am a Turkish scholar and will be visiting Stockholm from 18 to 25 of May to give several lectures at the Stockholm University. As I will be free most evenings and the weekend, I would love to get to know the city a bit. I would therefore appreciate some help, good tips on places to visit, nice restaurants and coffee shops to checkout, and bars to hang out. Let me know what a visitor should do in Stockholm in a week. If any of you has time, I would love to hang out with you. Thanks in advance!

Hi All,
I'm from Poland. Moved to Sweden at the end of April. Work and live in Tumba. Try to meet some new people around as I am temporally totally alone here :-)

Hi everyone,
My name is Szilard and i come here 2 weeks ago.i searching for a job here in Sweden.If anybody can help me please contact me at [email protected]
Thank you in advance.

Hi
I am Indian girl , new in Sweden, fluently speak English . M. Phil economics, I need any type of job soon in stockholm

@ szilard77 and Taneja > For job search, please post in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/europe/sweden/

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hey, I'm 24 and moving from London to Stockholm in a couple of weeks. Would be great to meet up for a coffee.

I don't know exactly who am I but I know one thing for sure that my heart has no noundries and I feel flow of my feelings when embraced  true human soul. After experiencing many corners of the world, I decided to restart my life from Sweden for the reasons, though I have not yet visited Sweden, that people are more friendly & government respects public opinion that I'll explain later. Being a lecturer in a Saudi university, and an expat, I went through many hard experiences but what I couldn't compromise was self respect. On the basis of my couple of visits to EU & other countries, I finally decided to transfer my fortune to Sweden to take a new start....but to get relocated, one needs to know the society & law properly. I am not a rich man and don't know about business. For that reason, I need community help. And I'm sure once I start feeling freedom of human diginity, I'll be on my toes to let others feel the same.

Hello Xenaria

How long are you here in Sweden?
And in which field you like to work?
What level you know Swedish LANGUAGE.
I would like to help YOU.
Emanuel Peter.

HELLO ELMIRA
in what area of the country do you live?
If u dont mind to answer.
TKS.EMANUEL

Hi! New here in Expat.com and still waiting for the final decision of my application! Good luck to all of us who are waiting as well! :)

Hi All!

Relatively new in Stockholm and loving it so far! Mid 20s with a basic level of Swedish, eager to learn a bit more :) Any English speakers out there looking to grab a coffee at some stage let me know!

hi nice to meet u here gurlash...hope to see u soon

hi nice to meet you:) (a filipina) hope to meet  some  :D

täby juvz wrote:

hi nice to meet u here gurlash...hope to see u soon

Hi! Hope to meet you soon as well! :)

Hi every one!!
I'm Natalia from Colombia, I'm 24 years old I'm move to Stockholm next month for do an internship, I'm a happy person and open to know any other culture!!

I'm looking for room/apartment for rent if any one can help me I will be so grateful!
:D

Hi Natalia,

How long did you wait to get your Residence Permit to do your internship and what documents did you apply with ?

Hey!!

Next week I will apply for my long term visa, it's like a resident permit. And the documents are my passport copy, round trip ticket, invitation letter, and the official apply document.

So the idea is to arrive at the beginning of July.

I applied for my Residence Permit on 04/04/2015 to start my internship on 04/05/2015 and still no decision  :o

Wow!! Really?? Omg, that's weird  :/  In which country do you apply?

I am from Algeria and I applied from France : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=484844

Too bad, maybe online aplication it's more complex, cos I have an appoiment next Wednesday. When I called to the embassy in Colombia, they say it just take one week and a month in some cases.

Good luck with that!!

Hi,  I'm from Croatia..  thinking of moving to Sweden,  I have an Irish setter,  heard about some countries have policy of quarantine for animals entering the country,  would like to hear some info for Sweden on this matter..

Dogs, cat, ferrets (jordbruksverket.se/swedishboardofagriculture/engelskasidor/animals/import/dogscatsandferrets.4.295b2341134f64e5d6280001001.html).
Hi $ime79, I asked directly to Swedish Board of Agriculture. For pets from EU there is no quarantine - only EU passport (from your local vet), rabies vaccination (list of approved vaccines you can find under link as well)  and chip for identification (or tattoo). Good luck!
In July I will bring here my two cats from Poland :-)

:par:
thank you very much for answering..
what about that residence permits? where to start? today I just got the idea for moving to sweden, is it worth thinking about it, without knowing swedish language? or relatives up there and no job agreement in front?

Hi,
I am from Croatia, and would like to live and work in Sweden..

Closed