New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Spain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Spain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi there, we have been living as expats on the Costa del Sol for over 7 years, but have recently been thinking about what the area means to us and why we still love it here when so many people have come and gone! I think it's about being realistic and not expecting life to be easy or some kind of dream come true. We have written a blog post about our experiences on the Costa del Sol
[Moderated: No free ads on the thread please] and we'd be really interested to hear whether anyone agrees, or has different ideas.

Hi everyone, my name is Vitaly, ukranian living in Madrid from 2008. looking for new friends

Hi everyone i´m Oscar, I´m planning to expat to Spain from Mexico to start my own experience, i used to study in Madrid and i loved the country. Any advise?

Thanks!!

Hi,
My husband and I are early 50's and have been searching all over the U.S. for where to retire where we'll feel fulfilled. We've never traveled abroad much but we have no kids, so no grandkids....there is nothing keeping us in the U.S. so yesterday my husband threw out 'Sell everything and move abroad' thought. We're kinda excited...would love to learn a new language and experience the world. We've been to southern Spain and think it might be perfect...Spain offers a lower COL, has walkable cities [would like to ditch cars], is close to so many other countries to explore...am anxious and nervous but want to learn all about the process and the experience.  We'd like to rent rather than buy [at least until we fall in love with living abroad].  Any help to keep from stubbing our toes is appreciated. We're especially concerned about healthcare [we won't be working].  thanks! Cathy

ReadyForNewLife wrote:

Hi,
My husband and I are early 50's and have been searching all over the U.S. for where to retire where we'll feel fulfilled. We've never traveled abroad much but we have no kids, so no grandkids....there is nothing keeping us in the U.S. so yesterday my husband threw out 'Sell everything and move abroad' thought. We're kinda excited...would love to learn a new language and experience the world. We've been to southern Spain and think it might be perfect...Spain offers a lower COL, has walkable cities [would like to ditch cars], is close to so many other countries to explore...am anxious and nervous but want to learn all about the process and the experience.  We'd like to rent rather than buy [at least until we fall in love with living abroad].  Any help to keep from stubbing our toes is appreciated. We're especially concerned about healthcare [we won't be working].  thanks! Cathy

Welcome to the forum... :) 

Whilst waiting for others to get back to to you please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories section on the right hand side of this page.

Hi, we are a couple looking for property in Alicanti, can anyone put me in touch with a good estate agent, or anyone who has a villa to sell
Thanks

Hello Couple!
My name is Rosa, I have an appartment in Manilva (Costa del Sol) two bedroom and two bathrooms, in a lovely Urbanisation with gardens and sweeming pool. We are a couple with two little children and live in Córdoba (Andalucía) and would like to rent you the appartment for the time you like, so if you two decide to come abroad, please do come a see the apartment!! ohhh, I forgot!! it's furnished, so one less worry!

Talk to you soon!!

Thanks for you reply I am looking for a property to buy not to rent sorry for the confusion

Hi, my name is Sian,

I'm moving to Barcelona with my boyfriend who is from there as soon as I get a job. I am currently seeking for babysitting jobs as it is my area of expertise!
I have studied Psychology in Kingston University in London and have more than 5 years of experience with children of all ages! If you're interested in a babysitter in Barcelona please contact me.
Thank you!

Hi to everyone, I recently moved to Madrid from Canarias. Looking for people to chill around and have some beers. I live far north but I can go downtown on the weekends!

Georgieokeefe wrote:

Hi, im an aupair in Madrid, and are looking for both female and male friends to go out with and see Madrid!

Cool! Maybe we could hang out next weekend!!

borovyk_gold wrote:

Hi everyone, my name is Vitaly, ukranian living in Madrid from 2008. looking for new friends

Cool! Maybe next weekend we could hang out!

Hi, my name is Andrea and  l live in Mérida, Spain. I am studying both english and japanese so I'd be very pleased to get in touch with native speaker of those languages to improve my skills and talk about cultural differences, too :D
I'm still a student, but I'm already thinking about moving abroad in the future.
If anyone is interested in Spain or learning spanish people do contant me.
I'll be looking forward to meet new people here! :D

I'm a head gardener & estate manager whose post in the UK is ending on May 8th and I'm looking to relocate.
I'm horticulturally qualified and experienced, have had CRB and national defence checks. I'm single and have no children.

When I'm not working outdoors or growing 100s of plants in the greenhouse I can be found on the golf course.

I used to sing in a choir but am a bit rusty. I've been gliding, skydiving, skiing and snowboarding. I love the theatre, art and sitting in coffee shops watching the world go by. I'm happy with a quiet life.

Hello I m From Pakistan. I m beautician. My name is Tayyiba. I m looking for a job actually. Please I need a job in spain as beautician . it could be makeup artist. manicurist , pedicurist and hairdresser. I m hopefull that u'll help me :) Thank you

Hi, Julia here new to this site, I am come from Hong Kong with my children, and eyelash and eyebrow tattoo expert is looking for a beauty free lane(eyelash, eyebrow,) in Denia Alicante fm Jun to Aug in the summer
Can anyone help with work???

I'm working as a beautician in my shop over 10 years Mainly eyelash, eyebrow and facial is recommend
Any help would be a welcome. Many thanks

Hello

A warm welcome to new members on the Spain forum  :par:

This thread is exclusive for presentation of new members.

For any Job query, please drop an advert in our Jobs in Spain section of the site.

If you need other particular assistance, please Create a New Thread

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

iwe came here in 1988 sold yup in the uk just a car and a cheque for the house.couldnt speak spanish no job no place to live as such .and 55 years old .now at82 years our own house car and a very good life .it must say something i love this country i love the spanish people ,an d would never consider returning to the uk ever .

Hi Irish woman just moved to Torrevieja would like to chat to people living here! I speak french and am learning spanish.  :top:

morning james 90 ,well at last we might be having some good weather down here ,since living in spain,i have had 18 abandoned dogs all strays that have lived and died with me, and the joy those friends have givin me is without words.i love animals ,sometimes above humans at least you can trust them more  i love dancing and go reguarly mostly 90% spanish ,rumbas pas a dobles and sevillianas, live very near gibraltar which is handy for british cuisine .i am off this morning to see if with my son we can play in a local big hotel he plays keyboard and i sing .have been doing so in a big hotel in algerciras for three years . so bye for now ,eddie

Hi everyone, i am mohsan
  I live in barcelona spain in paralel 4 years,,,
  I looking job any hotel or restaurant, any person know contact me on my number or send me e-mail. Thx to all!!! :cheers:
[email protected]

Hi,

I just thought I'd join this forum as I'm considering moving to Madrid, though probably not til next year.

I've been going to Spain fairly regularly over the last 5 years or so, almost exclusively Madrid and that is where I'm intending to move to.

I'll have no money or real prospects and I'm probably too old to be slumming it, but I'll give it a go anyway (hopefully).

Thanks!

well raykayesextranjei dont know what age you are,but life can be tough here theres no handouts,here.so unless theres aq pension due or a job .think again r

Hi Everyone,
Me and my husband are planning to move to Spain in a month or so... We live in Georgia, small country near black sea. We want to work and study in Spain. We are 21 years old.We plan to live in Zaragoza. can you please advice us or give us some info about Spain? Is it easy to find a job? as a waitress or babysitter? And we also are seeking for a place to live in. Before we find a job it will be great to find a shared flat for a month or two in Zaragoza.
Thank you in advance for your help  :D:thanks:

Hi there, I'm Pierre. My gf and I are Canadians and planing to expat to Spain in the next few years (retire). We have visited the northern and central part of Spain and this summer, we'll be doing the bottom half. At this point we are not entirely sure where we want to live but have been reading some good things about Valencia and surrounding areas, we could use some pointers from other expats on that matter. Our entire 1st year will be devoted to learning the language, a good school will be on the list of good places to live. We're also interested in a place where beaches will be within reach but not too touristy like Malaga and other Costa del Sol cities. We don't necessarily want to live in a big city but need access to essentials so not in the middle of the country either. If anyone has any suggestions to make please feel free, I'm sure more questions will follow. Ciao.

Oh yes, we both speak French and English and I, a bit of Spanish. Well, I understand it a lot more than I speak it. 😜

hi ppiliote or pierre.well i can say that your making a good choice we have been living in spain for 27 years .andb love it we live very nea\r gibraltar  an english colony and a airport, our area is typical working class non tourist which we prefer,its a good life ,and the spanish are wonderful people .cost of housing is very reasonable and also the cost of living .i cannot advise you as to the cost of medical as ours is free.but my son has to pay 1100 euros per year for private  so that you must enquire any help please contact eddie

Hi Linedancer,

I've no intention of expecting handouts, and I resent the implication. I said, I fully expect things to be difficult if/when I DO make the move, and I am prepared for that. I've no prospects in Spain OR in the UK, but I work hard nonetheless and live simply here, which is what I would expect to do there.

raykayesezxtranjer well no offence was meant in my reply just hard facts i have a friend with three grown up s i man =51 another =39 and a daughter =47, all out off work for a couple of years and these are spanish citizens.kept by their parents .i regualary pass youngsters begging in the street,normaly i just by them a breakfast of coffee and a roll,the cards i get shoved in my letter box offering work in the house cleaning gardening painting in fact anything ,so my advice to you was wll meant

Thanks for ur responce Eddie, 27 years hey? At the very least, its reassuring in terms of my choice of country. Being close to an airport is also important to us as another reason for our preference with Spain is that it's centralized for lots of travel destinations which is also part of our plans. Thanks again.

Any other comments from anyone out there will be appreciated.

Pierre

morning pilote glad to be of assistance regarding travel dont forget your in europe and can reach any country by car and travel by car means you see more i know that was my intention when we came here cordoba avilon madrid  well i havent even made it to seville just over an hour away now at 82  ive left it to late,  any info or help dont hesitate to call by the way my wife is half canadian  cant say from where as her father was a canadian soldier in the war her motherb a nurse and she was adopted, therein eddie

Hi everybody,

Let's make sure that we are only introducing ourselves on this thread, like it is clearly written in the first post.

If it happens that you have some questions and you are looking for answers, please do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Spain forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I have been living in Barcelona since 6 months now, wiht my wife and a 3 yr old, I am from Pune, India and would like to meet up / connect with people from IT organisations, and also with people interested in sports like TT, Badminton etc.

Best Regards, Anand

Hi there ! I have been living in Barcelona for a month now and still don't know many people here . I love this city , its warm colourful and bright . Would love to meet new people make friends , meet for drinks , go out ! I have a lot of free time here and there is so much to explore here . Love to meet new people 😊

:D hI my name is vicki jane and I've lived in fuengirola for nearly a year would love to meet new friend's :)

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason           :  :offtopic:

Hi all, I'm dale from Australia, been in the thriving metropolis of Barcelona for 2 weeks now as a manny (au pair) and will be here for the summer. If anyone wants to chill, go for beers, go to the beach or wander around I have a lot of time to do so. So send me an email if you'd like to hang out..

Very experienced Class 1 HGV trucker looking for work in Murcia/Alicante region
Experience in Canada USA & UK Reefer work.... Also have a colleague who lives by me in Mar Menor looking as well.. We are both working three weeks on one week off in UK on reefers...

hi my name is mick ,I live in England with my partner and my 8 year old daughter,i am a self employed painter looking to move to spain for a better life ,the east coast wound be nice ,

Moderated by Christine
Reason: please post an ad in the housing section

Closed