New members of the Canada forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Canada forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Canada if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Canada forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello everyone
My self Hiren and i am from india.
I am an Engineer having experience in Networking.
I want to move canada to explore my life and for opportunities.
I heard that canada is country of dream,peace and opportunities so i like to know whether any friend can suggest me from where to start,it will be pleasure for me...

Greetings I'm Trina from Toronto, Canada. I love the forums, love the people and tolerate the process. I love to garden. I have a very wide variety of plants and I enjoy trying out mostly exotic, interesting or hard-to-find plants. To mention some, I have a hops vine, many different mints (including a variegated type), a strawberry spinach plant, a vanilla bean plant, a money tree (yes, really), a rubber plant, and so many others. I enjoy visiting art galleries and museums, bike riding, going to craft stores (we have a new Hobby Lobby in town) and spending some time watching educational, humorous and other types of videos on YouTube. So, that's me in a nutshell. I'm, single with no kids. So I have tons of time to spend doing whatever the hell I want!

Hi, I am Marcela from Brazil and am planning to go to Canada in a few months. I want to go to college.
Hoping to make friends here and see how it goes! Change experiences...
=)
Good week everyone!

My name is christian from Canada. my first language is franch speaking.Feel free to replay. I play music at church

Hi everyone,

I am Reham from Egypt(since 2008 I reside in Dubai), moving to Toronto end of this year and I am really excited. Will start the job search and the country study very soon in order to be kind of ready for the big move.

Would be glad to meet new friends on this nice forum.
Reham

Hi there!  :)
Im Monse from Mexico I just came back to Canada and I want to move there.
Im intetested to find a job in Ottawa and go

I'm Allan in Kenya I real interested in looking for a job and settling down in Canada.

Ackar Stephen from Ghana with a 1st degree in Community Nutrition. I am interested in a business partner to invest in cashews. Both seeds and fruit.

Hi friends,

I'm new in Canada and Looking forward to meet new people. Also, looking for Electrical Engineering job.

Basically,  I'm a New Zealand citizen and was born in India.

Regards,
Anil

Please my name is Ibrahim mustapha a 24years old boy and also a graduate of senior high school.I currently work as a waiter in a reputable restaurant in accra Ghana,and I have worked with the company for 2years now since my completion of senior high school.It is my dream to please get some one to please help me travel Canada to continue with my dream work as a waiter in either hotel or restaurant and I pledge to render a very dedicated service to help the company attain it's goals,and may God bless any one who pleas hear my cry and help me.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum.

Ezekiel by name,am work with a company as warehouse supervisor,in Nigeria I need where l will stay in Manitoba Canada,applied for Canada live and work in Manitoba,I need help.to get where I will stay.

Hi all. Moved to Canada six months back and I'm an real estate agent. Looking forward to begin my own firm here in Toronto. Hoping for a good future here in Canada.

Hi All,
Hope you all are doing good :) lk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanjayatilaka,
Im Jonathan from Sri Lanka,have plans in moving to Fort st.john for studies.Looking to make new frineds and build enjoyable experiences in Canada.
Cheers,
Jonathan.

Not really new but been off explat blog for about a year. update me with current events,cheer!!

Hi there,

I would love to move to Canada, my only problem is getting a work permit.  I need a job offer to assist me with this, so that is the first hurdle. 

My profession lies in IT, and I am certified and I am a senior in my field.

I hope there will be people that can help a fellow out.

Thanks and kind regards,

Hi @AdamPL, not many companies are willing to wait for you (for the whole work permit process). You can try monster.ca but you don't know for certain if those companies will be willing to wait. There's a new portal called, https://techmeabroad.com that is for companies who willing to sponsor the candidate throughout the process.

For myself, I got my company to sponsor me but that was also easier since I was already in Canada.

You were already in Canada with a work permit? or were you there and then got one?

Yes I was on a study permit... You can also try the new Express Entry program. What skills do you possess?

I am an IT professional.  I am Microsoft certified (MCSE: Private Cloud) and I have 10 years experience in IT.  I am skilled in linux and freeBSD as well. I am also working towards getting more certifications, and later on a degree.

Will like to move to canada very soon especially the french speaking areas in order to improve my french language as i studied that for 5 years university.
Will also love to have my 2nd master degree from a very good university in canada and proceed for my Phd as well and end up impacting knowledge to people.

Nice profile, Trina, would u mind checking out mine and see if it fits yours and see if we could be friends, ciao!!

Nice one there, ca marche alors!!

Hi friends,sure am new here want to connect with new friends here

Nice profile and list of interests and hobbies I like . Am also new here and want to connect new people

AdamPL wrote:

I am an IT professional.  I am Microsoft certified (MCSE: Private Cloud) and I have 10 years experience in IT.  I am skilled in linux and freeBSD as well. I am also working towards getting more certifications, and later on a degree.

If you have some developer exposure and now with your MCSE private cloud, you should be vying for DevOps related position. All the best!

Hi, I'm Shayna. Not gonna lie, I'm a total junk food junky ha ha. I started inventing back in my twenties. I love nature. I'm an amateur bird watcher.

Am Kinge from Cameroon, l studied Secretarial administration and have 8 years of working experience in my country. It is my greatest wish to move to Canada and work there so as to improve on my career profile. Please I need your help. God bless you.

Hello All,
New to this website. Will be landing at Vancouver on June 10 2015.

Need advice regarding how to get a job quickly, credentials evaluation etc.

I am an Engineer and also run a Bussiness currently in Pakistan.

Any one who is willing to advise please do so.

Re: New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015
Hi,

My name is Martin, born in Vereeniging in South Africa. Grew up on the platte land like its known and lived for 5 years on a farm before matriculating in Ventersdorp.  And no, I am not a AWB for those who know and wonder. Love the out doors, camping, hunting, fishing and most of all my family..
I am planning to work in the USA or Canada, very scary ordeal I have to say!!!
Getting a sponsor was the easy part, the second part is where you get a job, or a willing employer who will put his trust in you.
I am hoping to find a fellow South African that will extend a helping hand as we South Africans do this side, on the platte land as they say do. 
I am currently that bloke next to the road with a broken car waiting for a helping hand, please don't pass me by without trying to help, do the South African thing, NO, not the one where you rob me, take my car and get my pins for all my credit cards.  The other more positive thing. That was a joke, but so bleri true!
I am a down to earth Afrikaner and a likable person that can fit into any crowd without any issues.

Hello Chum,
Am a Nigerian, resides in Lagos; willing to formalize immigration process to Manitoba. Am upright, single, sincere, honest and trustworthy. I appreciate and expect someone with an open mind and willing to assist, proffer advise, socialize and build friendship/relationship.
Thank you.

Am a plant Ecologist with bias in Environmental pollution, I reside in Ile-Ife, Nigeria where I am currently running my Ph.D Environmental Science Degree. I wish to relocate my family to Canada (Manitoba). I already submitted an application with the Express entry process but request anybody with an open mind to help with nomination from Manitoba.

Will be glad and grateful if my life ambition and that of my 4month old baby is realized with your assistance.

Idris.

hi Im Paul.. living in Canada..for almost a year Its a place for having a descent Job and some money. enough to buy food and pay apartment.. I want to go to school here... lols but the requirment is IELTS must be atleast level 6 .. hopefully i will pass it very soon.. for interested people to move here in canada.. it kindA Like a Good place to start and build a better life.. Goodluck everyone.

Hi all, Iam currently studying in Durban, next year I'll finish my degree in Chemical engineering. Iam considering living in Canada, so I need u guys with experience in Canada to tell me about the job opportunities and things I have to consider before moving. How expensive is the life there and what challenges I may face. Looking forward responses, cheers.

Hi i am Darshan from Mumbai ,currently working and living in Dubai. Already apllied for PR through Express Entry and entered in to pool with 344 points. My prospective employer is from Coquitlam BC . I am still waiting for offer and LMIA from them. Hopefully i will get my PR within next 8-10 months. With my Dubai international Licence for how many months i can drive in BC Canada ? After getting PR within how many days or months i have to enter in canada with family ? Is there any specific period i have to enter in canada. ? Plz help.
Best Regards
Darshan

@WOWIE88 good luck in your IELTS exam. I am sure you can nail it. There's lots of your Pinoy kinsman in Canada which can help you out with your English.

@Jeusaria

Its very hard to give a blanket cost of living in Canada. It all depends on which province you intend to settle. I recommend you use numbeo.com website to see and gauge the COL depending on provinces and cities in Canada.

darshanghadi wrote:

Hi i am Darshan from Mumbai ,currently working and living in Dubai. Already apllied for PR through Express Entry and entered in to pool with 344 points. My prospective employer is from Coquitlam BC . I am still waiting for offer and LMIA from them. Hopefully i will get my PR within next 8-10 months. With my Dubai international Licence for how many months i can drive in BC Canada ? After getting PR within how many days or months i have to enter in canada with family ? Is there any specific period i have to enter in canada. ? Plz help.
Best Regards
Darshan

Congratulations on your progress with your PR application.
Coquitlam seems like a nice place. Don't waste your money in getting an international license. With your Dubai license you only allowed to drive for 90 days. As it is not one of the countries recognized by the province, you will have to resit for the whole driving test/exam once again. see http://www.welcomebc.ca/Live/Daily-Life … cence.aspx

As to after getting your PR - how long a period are you given to enter? Well, when you get your PR, you get what is called  CPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) letter for everyone that you have applied with the PR for together.  Assuming its you, your wife and child, then you'll have 3x2 of those papers. Each would have 2. 1 with your photo and 1 without. The border guard from the POE (port of entry) will keep the copy with the photo and the other you keep. (Note: keep it for good as you may need this copy later on for many other reasons). As to the date to enter for landing, you have 1+ year from the date CIC receives your medical report. So assuming you submitted your medical to CIC and they receive it on Aug 1st 2015. All you and your family receive the CPRs on July 1st 2016, you only have a 1 mth to do your landing. Note: assuming your medicals are different dates for your other applicants with you, they cannot land before you as you are the primary applicant. Primary applicant have to land first!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this useful Information !  :)

BR
Darshan

Hi my dear friends please I am Ibrahim from Ghana and a graduate of senior high school.I am a young man of 24years of age and I am seeking to get help from anyone who will please help me get job to do in canada or any other country and it can be any kind of job and I pledge to do it in a good faith.currently I am working as a waiter in one restaurant in Ghana.please my email address is [email protected]. please tank you all

Closed