Living / Working / Exploring Phuket around the 14th of April

Hi all,

Julien here. I'm a born and raised Montrealer headed to Phuket around April 14th.  I'm a freelance content manager and creative consultant looking to explore Phuket and hopefully meet up with some nice locals / expats and have some adventures together.

Thanks for reading!

J.

You will be arriving right in the middle of Thai new year celebrations so be prepared.....

hahaha yes I've been warned. Thanks Stumpy!

and you can also plan on somebody throwing water on,just smile and say thank you :D

Yeah that's fine, good way to cool off!

Although all the beach bars have been removed from the beaches by the military, there is still some atmosphere left. Do check out Naithon beach, which is relatively unspoilt. You will need to hire a motorbike or car to get around, as its a big island and it takes over 1hr.15 mins to drive from one end to the other. Its quite populated and touristic. Naiyang is more a backpacker beach (next to Naithon). Patong is crazy and sleezy. Watch your budget as its not a cheap place to live. The easiest place for visa runs is to take the bus to Malaysia and stay a week or so there. I am not sure how short a time you can be outside the country and get a reasonable length of stay endorsed into your passport. At some point the weather will deteriorate on the Phuket side (August-November) and you may want to explore elsewhere say on the east coast or up country to Chiang Mai etc. You can also easily get to Vietnam and Cambodia from this part of the world.