English speaking jobs in Antwerp.

Hi all,

I'm on the brink of accepting a sports coaching role in Antwerp which will mean relocating from the UK.

What is the English speaking job situation like as My wife is a recruitment consultant and would need a job.

Also we have a 2 year old. What's the city like for kids and English speaking schools.

Hello Geech

While waiting for testimonies from members about the work situation in Antwerp for English speakers, I suggest you drop an advert in our Jobs offers in Antwerp section.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

she would have to wait in line as there are many others who would like to get a job as well....

She should take up Dutch, because here in Belgium most employers require at least two languages, Dutch being the dominant one. So good luck with that as the number of new comers are out of proportion. As far as English schools are concerned, I'm not aware of any in Antwerp, but here in Brussels there is an at least one American school that I know of and several European schools that have courses taught in many different languages.

Hi Iuliana Fekete,

Maybe you can try your luck and browse through our Jobs in Antwerp section and drop your resume in the work sector that suit you best please :)

Also I will invite you to check out this article here ---> Work in Antwerp :)

Fingers crossed you get some good news !

Thank you

Maximilien

It only took me two months to find a job and i only spoke english at the time. There are plenty of cleaning jobs etc it just depends on whether your wife would be willing to take a step down for a while. Its great as its part time which gave me the oppurtunity to go to school and learn dutch and get settled here in belgium.