Health Insurance for 65+

I wanted to do Health Insurance for my mother. My father's company was not providing it for her. So I wanted to know has any one recently got insurance done for 65+ ? as i heard that Insurance companies are not giving insurance policy for 65+. My father contacted his company and they asked to pay the premium (SR 7000) and they will do it via his company group insurance (of bupa). But its still under process for 2 days even after paying the premium. Can anyone confirm any recent insurance policy taken for 65+. Also we tried to open the screen by different agents, but that is also not being done these days.. so we had to buy the real time annual policy.

Never heard of 65+ with health insurance but did you tried giving a call to BUPA and asking.
I don't think insurance companies have the right to reject someone specially when iqama renewal is linked with health insurance. Insurance must be provided by the sponsor and assuming that your mother is under your father's sponsorship, he can apply some pressure on them through Admin.

I was in one of the insurance shops around Jawazat !

If you want , insurance just for "Iqama Purpose" then it's gonna cost around 1000-1500 , they will upload on Jawazat !

Many things won't be covered !

But if you want full coverage insurance , with pre-existing conditions , be ready to pay around 10,000 - 15,000 !

That's what I saw in some insurance offices !

yeah BUPA did cost around 10k.. so i had no option other than to buy that.. and yes i have tried that SR 1500 insurance for jawazat only but due to strictness its not being done these days..  and obv my father's company is not giving him wife's insurance.. we have already talked him.. and thats why we are searching.. and thats y we finally paid to.

The latest news from my employer, most companies (i mean the employers) will no longer provide group insurance to employees parents if their  age is more than 65 years old. Most companies now provides insurance to the immediate family of the employee, that is wife and children only. It is now the responsibility of the sponsored employee to buy insurance for his parents. i heard that it is no longer the concern of the employers to pay for the parents insurance.

Guys regarding transferring the sponsorship , is it possible to transfer the retiring father "aged 62+" as dependent under his son ?

P.S: High profession like a doctor for example .

What are the rules and procedures ?

gunner757 wrote:

Guys regarding transferring the sponsorship , is it possible to transfer the retiring father "aged 62+" as dependent under his son ?

It is possible but the procedure is ambiguous and vague. Obv you need a clearance and acceptance for governor office (Ameer of the province) and MOI.

DrHassanMalik wrote:
gunner757 wrote:

It is possible but the procedure is ambiguous and vague. Obv you need a clearance and acceptance for governor office (Ameer of the province) and MOI.

Never heard a single success case since last 3 years. Whatever cleared from MOI is going to happen, it goes without saying. The question is how is it possible?

Hi DrHassanMalik,
Assuming your mother is an expatriate, you can check with the international health insurance providers. The following accept > 65 as the maximum age of entry:
● ALC Health Prima
● Allianz Worldwide Care
● Bupa Global Lifeline
● Bupa Global WHO
● Geoblue Xplorer
● Globality Health YouGenio® World
● Healthcare International
● IMG GlobalFusion
● Integra Global
● MediCare International
● Morgan Price
● Now Health Worldcare
● Seven Corners Reside
● Swisscare
● William Russell Global Health Elite

Thanks for all the listing. It would be helpful for me and others as well. As I have a 72 years old mother and we have been facing the similar problem. But the good thing is, she lives in Medinah. The doctors and hospitals are kind there and they have been seeing her and providing medication for her without any charge for some time.
I think when someone reaches such an age, medical should be free for them all over the world.

If you are above 65 years Ksu  will provide free treatment and Medicine.  You can visit any king saud university hospital , which is under Ministry of Health( King Abdulaziz Medical City Jeddah) King Khalid Hospital, King abdulaziz University Hospital. They will Provide you the HC   :)

Wilson wrote:

If you are above 65 years Ksu  will provide free treatment and Medicine.  You can visit any king saud university hospital , which is under Ministry of Health( King Abdulaziz Medical City Jeddah) King Khalid Hospital, King abdulaziz University Hospital. They will Provide you the HC   :)

Sure about this ?  :unsure

What about hospitals in Dammam or Khobar ?
Is there a official source for this info ?

The time when i was working for King saud university hospital i know this policy works, if you cannot afford the treatment or buy medicine from outside, KSU will provide Free Treatment and Free Medicines.

I have one question for you ? you never lived in Qatar  :lol: but you always come up with off topic answer which is not reliable. 

gunner757 wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Sure about this ?  :unsure

What about hospitals in Dammam or Khobar ?
Is there a official source for this info ?

@ gunner757 you stop questioning here instead of answering would be much better  :dumbom::offtopic:;)

Wilson wrote:

You never lived in Qatar  :lol: but you always come up with off topic answer which is not reliable.

:offtopic:
Always off topic answer ?
Lol , tell me which one was offtopic ?
I see 9 posts by me on Qatar forum ;)

The thing is some forums are rarely answered like Qatar and UAE for example
And I'm pretty much in each GCC forum !
I wonder what makes an answer unreliable .
Maybe you should shed the light !

Hi everybody,

Instead of asking questions or going off topic, it would be best if we can only provide some answers to the questions of the OP.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

to sum it up.

-Employers no longer pays medical insurance for its employees parents whose age is above 65 years of age.
-It is the employees concern to get medical for his/her sponsored 65+ parents.
-Government hospitals provide free medical treatment for expat parents where age is above 60+ (??).
Someone posted  this above,  better get official confirmation from the Saudi government.

48 hours medical treatment is free of charge for Emergency cases, whether govt hospital or private.
Govt hospitals provide medical but it requires approval.
Never heard of free medical, so not sure if the guy suggesting above is talking about emergency treatment or something else.

If the person is old enough 65+ and cannot afford for the treatment or Medicine,  ( I mentioned earlier )  I didn't say  about family or parents..If you earn enough you can take of your parents but there are people who cannot afford Medicine and the unaffordable can avail from KSU services.

Wilson wrote:

If the person is old enough 65+ and cannot afford for the treatment or Medicine,  ( I mentioned earlier )  I didn't say  about family or parents..If you earn enough you can take of your parents but there are people who cannot afford Medicine and the unaffordable can avail from KSU services.

Wilson wrote:

That was exactly your post...KSU or any government hospitals will PROVIDE FREE TREATMENT AND MEDICINE, if you are above 65 years. See above your post.

Whether that person is my parent or your parents or the neighbors', 65 years old and up, you categorically stated FREE treatment and medicine. So better check your facts and provide official confirmation.

The OP was asking about sponsored parents whose age is above the company's insurance coverage, if they are still covered. At this point , employers no longer issue group insurance for parents above that age. Unless  the employee pays for the premium.

If you check again i didn't mention Free Medicine for Family Members or Parents.

KSU WILL PROVIDE FREE IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD FOR TREATMENT OR MEDICINE.  YOU SHOULD READ MY SECOND THREAD

mannyd wrote:
Wilson wrote:

Wilson wrote:

That was exactly your post...KSU or any government hospitals will PROVIDE FREE TREATMENT AND MEDICINE, if you are above 65 years. See above your post.

Whether that person is my parent or your parents or the neighbors', 65 years old and up, you categorically stated FREE treatment and medicine. So better check your facts and provide official confirmation.

The OP was asking about sponsored parents whose age is above the company's insurance coverage, if they are still covered. At this point , employers no longer issue group insurance for parents above that age. Unless  the employee pays for the premium.

Wilson, who then can get FREE MEDICINE AND TREATMENT? :-)

Anyway, your post is informative. There is FREE MEDICINE AND TREATMENT in KSU, King Abdulaziz Medical City Jeddah, King Khalid Hospital, King abdulaziz University Hospital, they provide HC for persons 65+ years old.

We like free treatment and free medicine.

The person who is reading this thread is not entitled for the Free MEDICINE AND TREATMENT.   :cheers:

mannyd wrote:

Wilson, who then can get FREE MEDICINE AND TREATMENT? :-)

Anyway, your post is informative. There is FREE MEDICINE AND TREATMENT in KSU, King Abdulaziz Medical City Jeddah, King Khalid Hospital, King abdulaziz University Hospital, they provide HC for persons 65+ years old.

We like free treatment and free medicine.

Not we only you like free treatment and free medicine  :lol:
http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/newsphoto/2002-11/021103-A-4339E-038.jpg

Hi wilson. A bit old thread but i just came across a labourer who has suffered multiple fractures falling from a rooftop. He has no insurance and very poor. Will he be eligible for free treatment from the hospital u mentioned. Thanks

Is it a work related injury? if yes then the subject can be treated under GOSI coverage if they are notified when the accident happened

I asked him but he said my kafeel is not cooperating. What is GOSI. Can he get any help from GOSI if he bypasses kafeel. Seems like daily wager type person very poor

This is GOSI I am not sure about the details you've just mentioned but the employee has to be enrolled in GOSI.

Check the website for more details

God bless