Employment visa issues

Hi All,

I am moving to Oman shortly and replacing a position where current employee is leaving for good. My concern is my employer informed me that they cannot process my employment visa unless they cancel the current employee visa- Is it So?
Secondly i read a lot in this forum about delay in getting labour clearances and work visa. In my case is it employer required to apply for clearance again or they can utilize the same ( i mean cancelled visa or clearance of current employee)

And lastly suppose  if the company is not in compliance with omanisation % still can they process expat employment visa using canceled employee labour clearance?

Thanks

Hello Joyal15

While waiting for some tips from members, I invite you to browse through our Visas for Oman section of the forum to gather some infos.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Joyal15 wrote:

Hi All,

I am moving to Oman shortly and replacing a position where current employee is leaving for good. My concern is my employer informed me that they cannot process my employment visa unless they cancel the current employee visa- Is it So?
Secondly i read a lot in this forum about delay in getting labour clearances and work visa. In my case is it employer required to apply for clearance again or they can utilize the same ( i mean cancelled visa or clearance of current employee)

And lastly suppose  if the company is not in compliance with omanisation % still can they process expat employment visa using canceled employee labour clearance?

Thanks

Hi Joyal15,

The manner in which your predecessor has left matters when it comes to whether or not you would be replacing that post.

If the previous employee had been sacked or terminated by the company, then the company would loose their clearance for that position. This means that they would not be in any position to replace that job with another expatriate. That position becomes available only for Omanis.

Alternatively, if the previous employee has tendered his resignation and has left the company, then while exiting the airport his / her passport must have got stamped after the employment visa was cancelled. From what you have mentioned, if your predecessors employment visa was not cancelled, then something is awry.

And yes, if one employment visa is not cancelled the company cannot apply for a new one as they would not be having the required job / labour clearance.

Lastly, no, if the company does not meet with the prescribed Omanisation percentage then they cannot apply for a new employment visa - whether or not an employee has left the job.

Thank you Mr. Sumitran for your suggestion.

In my case employee has resigned from the position and employment visa will be cancelled while he exiting the country.That means company can utilize the same clearance to process my visa right? but worrying factor for me is i don't know whether company has enough omanisation % or not.

Hi Joyal15,

If the employee has submitted his resignation and is exiting for good, then the company is entitled to make use of that clearance to apply for a fresh employment visa.

Companies meeting their set Omanisation percentages are a different ball game altogether. Many different factors are in play there.

Thank you Mr. Sumitran