Questions about Malaysia

Dear sir,
      ,        Hope everything is fine and doing well,thanks a lot to give me 5 tips to live in Malaysia. I have a 24 years exp. in ready made garments as a quality controller in different countries such as Bangkok, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan.

I want to know that may i go direct to Malaysia and find the job?

How i can get the residence visa?

I had a very very bad experience for the agent in Malaysia?

Is it easy to find the job?

Pls advise me a very clear picture?

It is always a bad idea to just turn up in a foreign country and try and carry on a normal life. That's because no-one can function well for at least a few weeks after arriving, as they need to get familiar with their surroundings, and overcome basic issues such as accommodation and controlling spending (as they are actually a tourist for a while).

There is no such thing as a residence permit. There are different types of Pass and to work you will need an Employment Pass. That requires you to have a job offer before you arrive in Malaysia. You can become a business owner, but that is expensive, requiring RM1 million (100% foreign owned business) or RM350k when owned with a Malaysian citizen. Even registering a company name is a waste of money unless you have the paid up capital mentioned above, because that is needed to activate a company and release an Employment Visa (after about 3-6 months of the company becoming fully operative).

So perhaps Malaysia is not the place for you, as it is also not a very large producer of ready-made garments. In fact, people misunderstand Malaysia and think it is like the neighbouring countries. It is not. It is a knowledge-based society these days and does not rely on basic cottage industries. There are very few sweat shops, and these would probably be in Johor.

So I think your perception is completely wrong about Malaysia and the potential to find work based on your experience here.

its not easy to find job in Malaysia, it depends on your skills and experience and which job sector you want to join... I don't have much idea about garment business here.
There is no resident visa, you need work permit/ employment visa to stay and work in Malaysia. And to get employment visa you need to be hired by a company and will provide you visa.
To find job you can come on visit visa and approach to the companies... chances are not much, but again it depend on your profile.

Basically you make no sense - with 24 years experience in Asia/ME you should have the contacts and experience to either get a job in Malaysia or know it is impossible! Garments in Malaysia are mostly imported from Bangkok. You don't "add up"!