Where can I buy Viettel 3 G modem in Ho chi minh city ?

Hello!
Does anyone know where can I buy a Viettel 3G modem an a sim card to use the internet in Ho Chi Minh city ?

Only found one in Viettel shop, but they ask for passport, and I'm not comfortable with that at all.
Any help or hook up will be apreciated.

Thanks!

Thats normal when you buy a SIM card.  They have to register the owner, same happens for Vietnamese except they use their ID card.

Thanks, but I need to find one and a sim card without that.

If you want a Viettel connection then you should register with your passport  :)

Steven98 wrote:

Hello!
Does anyone know where can I buy a Viettel 3G modem an a sim card to use the internet in Ho Chi Minh city ?

Only found one in Viettel shop, but they ask for passport, and I'm not comfortable with that at all.
Any help or hook up will be apreciated.

Thanks!

Firstly, you find some small store that sell sim card but no need register (for example: you pay 50k and you get a sim card with 100k in your account, it's likely "black market" (I guess if it's the rightword ^^)). Which district or street are you living in HCM? I can help you find a store near your place.
Secondly, if your mobile has 3G support, you type : 3G ON  and send to 161 (remember the space between 3G and ON.
After that, you chose one of the mobile internet services : MI10,MI30,MI50,MIMAX,DMAX,DMAX200 (I think you should use MIMAX (70k/month with free 600mb/month-3G speed and then 2G speed - no fee) or DMAX (120k/month with 1,5Gb/month-3G speed and then 2Gspeed-no fee) ) and send to 191 (for ex.: type MIMAX send to 191). There will be an auto message sent to you notice that you register successfully.
Wish you luck!
Message me if you need any help.

Thanks alot!
Your tip was very userfull!
Have bought all I need.

You are welcome,
Enjoy your time in HCMC! Nice day