Meeting new friends in Shanghai

I've been in Shanghai for more than 6 years and lots of my old friends have left so it's about time I make some new ones! 

Okay, so when I say friends, I mean both guys and girls - as long you're fun, genuine and are open to new things then send me a message!

Hey there,

Well said!....I'm sure you'll find new friends in here, its a revolving process, some goes, other stays and you need to do it all over again! :-)

I would love to meet new friends as well, like you I'm open to both guys and girls. As long as you're friendly, easy going and good personality meaning good inside, not to fuss around!

Friends are important, it makes your life fun! not too serious all the time, we need to have a break atleast with that!....

We just need to be careful in choosing friends.....There's always good & not so bad! ones :-) annoying and just witty and funny!...Whatever! its us to decide us to select.

Goodluck! .....who knows!  we might just bump into each other....

who else is genuinely fun to be around, send me a message!

Hi everyone! I moved to Shanghai last June and I would also like to make new friends especially expats since they understand "the move" to China :). I'm currently based near Fudan University as my hubby works nearby at a language center in Balian mall. I teach part time but I'm also looking to getting out into the music scene of Shanghai as I sing and write songs too. Hi everyone!

Hi guys! i'm Chinese,just moved here from Canada couple of months ago.I'd like to meet new friends both girls and guys.I live near Tongji University(huxi campus) cause i work there. Basically i'm free afternoon always, email me please if you want.

Hi,

I wish the best for you. Hopefully you will find some genuine people. To be honest, I feel scared looking for friends over the internet. So, if you do find some genuine guys/gals.. lemme know so that I can change my mindset.

Best regards,
Prashant

I understand your concern! I just came to Shanghai a few days ago and don't know a single person.  Message me if any of you are free for lunch/dinner on weekends!  I am in the Xuhui area.

Hi Prashant,

I have seen quite a few messages of yours in the Expat.com (Of course in different topics) and i feel there is no need for you to be scared in such a way.(If you had faced some serious issues in past i take my word back). I have seen quite a lot genuine guys and gals in Shanghai Forum in fact we used to gather a lot  together ( blame the cold now we are not doing it). So my friend stop worrying and change your opinion unless you have any obvious reasons.

@ Jeff and others in the topic
Good luck with your quest for new friends. You can count me in as well in your GANG :)

Happy New year to all.

Rags

Hi all,

a bit late to post in this discussion, but I'm totally new so I was wondering whether some of you have already met in the meantime? If so, is there room for another newbie in your gang :)As the most of you, I'm interested in meeting either guys and girls as long as they're fun and genuine.

Hi and welcome on Expat.com hansvc :)

I can also suggest you to create a new topic on the Shanghai forum if you want to organise a meet up! You should have more chances of obtaining responses there ;)

Regards
Armand

hey ya

i see this is old poat but still. I am new in shanghai going to stay a year as an intern would like to meet new people:)) friends:) well hopefully u still ahve space:)