Mobily vs STC for high speed internet? Updated Mar 2015

Which is Faster ? Which have a good offers from your experience ?
i Currently purchased Mobily Connect 4G Limit 10 GB and i had to buy additional Gigabytes last month 2 GB
it costed me  SR 480 for 3 Months and SR 40 for an 2GB total 520  , i admit that speed is very good i reached to 1 MB but i expect to reach more than 1 MB , Ex: 10 MB : 25 MB per second . in addition to this , their router works only on their operator
i have 2 option :-

1- Continue with Mobily with Package infinity 60GB with SR 575 for 6 Months and renewal with SR 490

2- Subscribe with STC Quicknet 4G Router +Unlimited Quicknet 4G SIM 3 months with SR650 and renewal with SR300 or 6 months SR550
* I know that STC apply fair Usage rights , What are the Maximum Monthly Fair Usage levels for each package ?

Waiting your Opinion especially who use 4G

I bought the STC unlimited package for 12 months.  It was great for about two months, more than 15mbps downloading movies on average, and downloading 1-2 GB daily or even more. After about two months the speed dropped considerably, never going more than 4mbps on a good day.  A few months after that, it would pick up speed but as soon as I download one movie, the speed drops to 50kbps for about 24 hours.  Now my average speed is about 1mbps.  Skype has an extremely bad connection and internet browsing is terrible.  The speed tests still show 4mbps online, but actually when I download it's never more than 100kbps.

So I bought a 2GB mobily card and was surprised - the speed was great, skype was crystal clear without delay and then I went back to the store to ask about the 60GB - the representative told me that they will not limit the speed on these packages (I know from experience their unlimited package is VERY bad with limiting speed), there will be full speed until the 60GB is finished per month. I just activated it today, but have been enjoying very good online TV streaming and skype continues to be great. 

I would definitely recommend the mobily 60GB option between these two.

I'm using Zain Unlimited , gives me a speed of 10 Mbps !! At any give time ;)

Bought a 15 month contract for 1100 SR only :D

No limit for downloads no FUP , uninterrupted speed , at my friends place the speed goes to 25 Mbps :D

Try Zain  :top:

Question is , is 60 GB is enough for me per month ? i'm afraid that it finish by 2 weeks :/
all guys is warn me from STC , same problem that speed for first 2 : 3 months is very good after that speed goes down as you mentioned above in your comment

About zain
i don't think that it's famous here

BTW , Guys here told me that customer service is very bad in all companies ( STC , Mobily ,,,, ) what do u think about that ?

did you purchase the whole thing through souq (dot) com??  i saw this ad. can u send me a link to the router u have/?

gunner757 wrote:

I'm using Zain Unlimited , gives me a speed of 10 Mbps !! At any give time ;)

Bought a 15 month contract for 1100 SR only :D

No limit for downloads no FUP , uninterrupted speed , at my friends place the speed goes to 25 Mbps :D

Try Zain  :top:

Is it cheaper than mobily? Im paying 300sr 3 months unlimited

DSL go for STC im using jood net 10 mb for 150 monthly im very satisfied
but for fiber obtic go for mobily

UPDATE!! after 1 week of 60GB mobily "infinity VERY BAD SPEED!

I bought your "infinity" 60GB package.  The man at the shop told me I can download 15GB a week, no problem.  This week (6 days already) I downloaded only 5GB in total and suddenly my speed was very slow.  I phoned customer support and then (conveniently after paying) support tells me there is a limit of only 2GB a day.  This is not "infinity".  I want my money back.

welcome to Jeddah.
i have "unlimited download" of "premium" mobily raqi. unlimited means 60Gb and 15 Gb per week. i think its when translated from arabic.
yesterday i got STC wi-fi device which is also the same. so now i switch between the two. when one gets slow i move to the other one. "slow" here means dead slow. taking 2 minutes to open a webpage slow.

the only solution is to get an ELife connection from mobily or invision from STC, depending on the area you live. this is a complete package with phone and home TV and internet. costs around 600 a month. thats the only UNLIMITED download package available. everything else is SIM base and has limitations.

are you sure Elife / Invision are really unlimited - I'd love to know examples of how many GBs people have downloaded without getting speed cuts...

I am repeating again and again !

Only Zain has "UNLIMITED" option !
And amazing speed of around 10-40 Mbps !

I download 20 GB of files everyday , no problem whatsoever  :P

I hail Zain  :thanks:

rareshine wrote:

did you purchase the whole thing through souq (dot) com??  i saw this ad. can u send me a link to the router u have ?

Yep the whole thing sim with a router !

But if you have a open Wifi Router , just buy the sim card !

As of now , it's out of stock , but within a week or so you will find it available !
Below is the link  :)
Internet Solutions - SOUQ KSA

ahmeddfouad wrote:

About zain
i don't think that it's famous here

Zain is famous in all cities !
Even in a city where I am from "King Khalid Military City , abandoned military city on the northern border close to Hafr Al Batin gets speeds of up upto 3 Mbps easily !

So why not Jeddah  ;)

Check your coverage for Zain in the below link :-

Coverage Check

so i have heard from my friends in mobily.

my router is STC is there a way to make it open?

gunner757 wrote:

I am repeating again and again !

Only Zain has "UNLIMITED" option !
And amazing speed of around 10-40 Mbps !

I download 20 GB of files everyday , no problem whatsoever  :P

I hail Zain  :thanks:

Using Zain 10GB for 3 month internet and it's great.. I was using a 3G Wifi thou... After I get my iqama I'll go ahead and buy a Plan with Zain.. ^_^ I was just thinking if I get the Big Router or the Mobile Wifi again..

When I arrived here i connected with my room mate's zain internet.. and Wow its has too much speed for the two of us. after that it expired and switched to stc and it's slow in some ways...

Bump on this topic. I would like to know if Zain is consistent with its "Unlimited" plan.
I'm using mobily 60GB Infinity and while the speed is consistent it is not unlimited.

any thoughts?

which model of router/mifi do you have to unlock.

Experienced with STC and Zain, and Zain is far better....
Thanks.

i have tried mobily, stc and zain

forget mobily

I started using STC again because its faster in my location compare to zain,  though they said STC is limited to 2gb per day

I have STC sim unlimited remaining 2 months, if somebody want to change with zian or mobily, please reply (Dammam/Khobar). Thanks.

UPDATE!! after 1 week of 60GB mobily "infinity VERY BAD SPEED!

I bought your "infinity" 60GB package.  The man at the shop told me I can download 15GB a week, no problem.  This week (6 days already) I downloaded only 5GB in total and suddenly my speed was very slow.  I phoned customer support and then (conveniently after paying) support tells me there is a limit of only 2GB a day.  This is not "infinity".  I want my money back.
I want change this package please??

how much is mobily 60G

Zain .