Know more about culture in kolkata

Hi :)

Any foreigner here in Kolkata? Want to know about their work culture,lifestyle and food habits!

Hello Kam_B,

Here are some glimpses of Kolkata these days....

Work culture: Very casual and non-dynamic.

Lifestyle: Casual, easy going, talkative, lethargic but  intellectual (yes, Bengal has long been a hub of intellectuals)....unfortunately "much talk and little action" has in recent years pulled Bengal down on growth chart. That;s a fact..

Food: Ahh, that is something you may enjoy (if you like curry ^^). They have all those delicious curry recipes over there.  Bengal is well known for its yummy sweets and seasonal(especially Summer) fruits. There are ubiquitous sweet shops and road-side eateries all over Kolkata.

Caveat:
- Avoid street foods as much as possible (however spicy and exotic they may taste!!) 
- Carry/ buy  your bottle of water wherever you go.
- Avoid being approached by strangers for "friendship" (sorry, its not safe anywhere in India!)
- Use a face-mask to avoid dust and pollution.
- stay prepared for sweltering heat in summer and waterlogged streets during monsoon.
- chaos and noise and dust
- avoid being too adventurous if you'r travelling solo, especially at late hours.

Positives:
- It's super easy to integrate into Bengali culture once you find the right people.
- Bengalees are open to everyone from four corners of the world... and they love Japan and its people (can't eat Sushi, though ^^)

Planning to move from Kyoto to Kolkata??? Are you serious,,,,,!!!
During my maiden trip to Japan, I just spent less than 12 hrs in Kyoto..... I think, I left my heart there forever!!. ... especially at  Nara ^^

Anyway, If you need any specific information about Kolkata, please feel free to ask.  You are welcome! :)