A little help please people

Hi everyone,

Can someone already living in ho chi minh city tell me which district is best for me (im from australia)? Im an english teacher. Have degree plus tefl certificate. Can i find a private 1 bedroom fully furnished apartment or studio for under $500? Is $1500 usd a month good enough salary? Before you ask my life/living habits, I don't smoke, rarely drink, no clubbing or bars. I would appreciate if any expats or teachers already living there contact me please. I've been to vn 2 times before but that was holiday only an this time is serious presumeably stay on a 1 year contract. How much for utilities, food and internet roughly? Also what should i most be aware of and what are the ups and downs in any aspect?

If your expected/offered salary is $1500, then you don't have much disposable income  :)
As an English Teacher, you can do some more part-time classes to earn more.
It's better choose Q.1 or nearby area for convenience. Yeah, you can get a studio apartment with that price.
If you cook can eat good food and control expense. Otherwise, 60.000 - 100.000, depends on your thrift, for food.
Save 200.000 - 300.000 for internet.
Another 600.000 for power, water and management fee (apartment), if any.

District 1 is the best for night life. But it may be better to stay near your workplace to save money on petrol or taxi.
$1,500 is the average and okay, I think. I know some people can't find full-time teaching positions, so in the low season, they don't have enough money for a 'carefree' life.
Accommodation for under $500: Yes.
Ps. I have several serviced studios and apartments in Dist. 1 and 8. If you're interested, pm me.