Travellers cards

Hi all,

Does anyone use travellers cards to xfer money between countries/currencies?  If so, what is your experience?

After first readings, it seems that travellers cards may be a cost effective way to xfer money into Vietnam?  i.e., using an internet account from a bank, xfer money into your travellers card as Dong and then withdraw it out in Vn for about 50000 VND.   Does anyone do this  - if so, how successful is it?

Alternatively does anyone use the Citibank Plus Visa debit account. This will allow you to withdraw cash in the currency of whatever country you are in, with no fees and the best exchange rate you'll get anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Rule of the thumb is Money coming in is not an issue mostly.

Withdrawls from ATMs are possible but the limit of withdrawal amount maybe an issue to some. So is transferring money to an overseas account.

Most foreigners have issue with out-bound monies rather than in-bound.

There are extensive discussions on this topic.

Never heard of traveler's cards. Did a quick google search and see no benefit for me personally in owning one (have credit cards which don't charge international fees and offer rewards, debit card is pretty secure as I have to transfer money to the account online before usage otherwise it has a 0 balance, overdraft "protection" disabled).

Not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for on Citibank. I use a different U.S. bank with the same policy but it works with any ATM machine worldwide (unlimited ATM fee reimbursements).

Citibank is the best. No withdrawal fees at Citibank ATM, and VND 8K daily withdrawal limit.

As you can load the card from your home account, the money is safe as theoretically it never enters Vietnam until you make a withdrawal.