New residence agreement or not?

Well i thought everything was clear in my mind about EU nationals moving to Gozo but then i read this page.
http://homeaffairs.gov.mt/…/MR … dence.aspx and the bit that says "New Conditions for the Acceptance of Applications for Residence Documentation" there is a section there that says "Both the original and copies of the Insurance Cover certificates need to be presented" Which insurance documents are these? and "Lease Agreement confirming applicant's residency must be presented as well as the copy of the ID card of the Lessor" Is there any problem with getting the landlord to give you a copy of his id card, What I'm thinking of here is, he may be nervous as that shows him/her renting out and the repercussions that may entail (tax etc)

Is this a new agreement or not, maybe i have just come across it and its been in for a while

I think this was discussed a little while back. I assume it is Health Insurance cover which you will not need as you will be entitled under S1 or RHA conditions.
The ID card copy requirement etc was mentioned as being relatively recently introduced but it seems few if anyone has had a problem.
PS, your link appears to be broken.

http://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Infor … dence.aspx

I was going from the NHS website that is usually up to date and quote: New Rules.

" EHIC rule changes mean you will no longer be able to claim a refund for most patient contributions (co-payments) when using your EHIC card for treatment received after July 1 2014. Also since July 1 2014, you are no longer able to apply for a residual S1 form if you are an early retiree living abroad. If you already have a residual S1, this will not affect you – it will continue to be valid until its original expiry date. "

The E Health Malta.MT site quotes from July 2010 and the NHS site quotes new rules from July 2014

If I move in 2016 I will be pre retirement by a good few months but it I wait till 2017 i will be at retirement age however my wife will be pre retirement age for 10 years

On the other issue of wanting the landlord to provide a copy of their id, have just been discussing that on another website and one of the members said her landlord refused to provide that so she had to say "sorry not signing" as it was a condition. I guess the landlord did not want any government agency having evidence that they were renting.

Yes, your EHIC does become invalid if resident here.
If either of you are working you will both be covered by that person's SSD payments.
I thought you were of State Retirement age but if not and self sufficient then RHA applies.
That is covered here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643
Or get private health care insurance.
And yes, of course some landlords will not want to sign or give copies.
NFM.

LLs do seem to have the upper hand in the rental sector.. and control what you do just by refusing to sign forms...and they usually have a reason for doing so  - and its usually related to money and their greed for more - tax free of course