Do you know any hotels near Samaná airport?

I am not familiar with Samana, and I could use your help. I need to stay overnight in Samaná to catch my flight the next day at the Samaná El Catey International Airport. (I'm going to Toronto.) Internet search for hotels near the airport is not helping. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

there are no hotels near the or adjacent to the airport. Where are you coming from that you need an overnight stay?

Bob K

Thanks Bob. I am coming from San Francisco de Macoris. I could go directly from SF to the airport, but the lady that book my flight said I need to be at the airport 4 hours before my flight (four hours sounds a bit too much to me, though); If I leave SF on the same day I'd have to travel in the morning when it's still dark.

Two hours maybe 2 hours and 15 min will be plenty of time.  Not a very busy airport.
You are better off going that morning to the airport and not going the day before.

Bob K

Fantastic, Bob!

Have a safe trip

Bob K

The closest hotel to the El Catey Airport appears to be the Hotel Nuevo Amanecer, not sure if anyone has more info about it.

Thanks for the info Acadien175.

Hello lehmansa

The minimum required time for an airport check in is 2 hours with all carriers, since Samana has a very small airport it will be a very fast process. I don't recommend staying overnight unless the flight leave too late at night, or too early in the morning, the closest town to the Airport is actually Nagua where you can find a few basic places to stay on booking.com if you ever decide to go the night before.

If you are going from S.P de Macoris to Samana Airport, I don't see need to overnight there.

cheers