Hello - how to get permanent visa?

Hi My Name is Helu... currently I am living on Brazil I am from Ethiopia. I need some help...who are willing to help me and  to explain for me.

work har123d wrote:

Hi My Name is Helu... currently I am living on Brazil I am from Ethiopia. I need some help...who are willing to help me and  to explain for me.

D

work har123d wrote:
work har123d wrote:

D

In order to help you please tell us what sort of help you want...

I need Help...how can I get permanent visa of in Brazil...I have no any idea of how to process and how to get permanenet visa...is that difficult to get. Please I need me more Details.

Hi sorry that I sent my pic and my doc is mine I am Frehiwot...may be you can be confused....I am living in Brazil and working. I am well Educated...as I explain to my personal mail...but I want to go to Norway.if it's available Nanny company will cover my visa and all my expence. I am glad to go and to work on this profession........On the other thing I have Sister her name is Helu. I think she e-mail you  as she told me she is a new comer for Brazil almost 2 month...she need permanent residence of Brazil...she e-mail you on my personal e-mail address. ..her personal e-mail adress is after she came here blocked that's why she use mine...I am very sorry to make confusion. But Me I want the way how to get...like this job that I wrote on the top.

The only ways that one can qualify to apply for permanency in Brazil are as follows:

Marry a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident;

Be living in a stable relationship (that has existed for at least 1 year) with a Brazilian citizen or permanent resident;

Be the parent of a Brazilian child;

Retired person who is able to bring into Brazil an income of US$2000 per month.

Investor with an investment of R$150 thousand (USD 50 thousand) in Brazilian company or starting up a Brazilian company.

One can also apply for permanency as a refugee, but refugee claims MUST be made immediately upon arrival in Brazil and traditionally they are only granted to individuals coming from nations that are gripped in the middle of Civil Wars or natural disasters.

For information on the process of applying for permanency:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=403321

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

for example She can do..like this.... if she find Brazilian family how can help her?  I mean if she asked them like adopted child can they help her? Because she has a friends Brazilian .

Adoption is a very lengthy process in Brazil and some people wait years for a child. This isn't anything that will help your sister, trust me.

Okay...thankyou

Sir...what about me..that I sent before in Detail....I want to work as a professional of Nanny but I want to work on Norway...can I get some Nanny company  of to cover my Visa and  some of my expencess..please how can I get...can you give some information or web...Thankyou.

You should be posting that question to the Norway Forum. I don't know anything at all about immigrations to Norway or finding work there.

Oh okay...but how can I get Norway fourm....I mean their web site?

Scroll up to the very top of this page. Right under the green banner you will see the path to this topic posting, " You are here:   Forum / South America / Brazil / Visas". If you click on Forum that will take you back to the main Expat Forum page, then scroll down through the European forums (top group) and click on the Norway flag icon.

I need to ask you a couple of questions.  You cannot get a permanent visa until you have a 2 year temporary visa and that period has expired.  Do you have that?  As for what you need it depends on the agreement between your home country and Brazil.  It is very different depending on your country.  I am under Mercosul.  It is very simple for us but for Americans and Canadians it is much more complicated.  For sure you have to prove financial ability to live here.

Here is how you can find out.  You need to go to the Policia Federal or National Police station and there is an office in there that works with immigrants and residency.  I have a 2 year temporary residency which I can convert to permanent when it expires.  I do have to prove I have the financial ability to stay here in Brazil.  Job or other resources.  I hope that helps.  Just a note, if you have political residency that is very different. 

Sophia

Hello apomayta,

Actually that is not exactly correct. If you hold a VITEM-V Work Visa for 3 years then you can apply to transform it iinto a Permanent Visa. Since the VITEM-V Work Visa is issued for a period of 2 years, you must hold that visa until it expires, apply and receive a renewal of that visa and then still wait at least one year before you can apply for transformation.

That does NOT sound like the original poster's situation at all. It appears that he is in Brazil either on a VITUR Tourist Visa and simply doesn't know how to apply for permanency. It doesn't sound like he has a Work Visa at all.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team