Moving to Morocco

I was recommended this site for truthful information and help on moving and what to expect. I shall be moving from Sweden in two months to Casablanca. Now that I have joined, I see that the most useful and prolific contributors have been banned. What is going on? I also see messages from the mods that imply only positive experiences will be allowed.

Is this site for real?

SvenStockholm wrote:

I was recommended this site for truthful information and help on moving and what to expect. I shall be moving from Sweden in two months to Casablanca. Now that I have joined, I see that the most useful and prolific contributors have been banned. What is going on? I also see messages from the mods that imply only positive experiences will be allowed.

Is this site for real?

I suggest that you red the many informative posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page.

Thank you for that answer. I had already done what you suggested, which is how I noticed that these people, who seemed to have tremendous local knowledge, are banned. I have also noted that there is virtually no activity on this forum now. I have specific questions; I am not sure that anyone will even answer them, let alone know the answers.

Moreover, it's clear that locals are joining the site to pick up foreign women (and to a lesser extent, foreign guys). There's a post from a Dutch woman clearly stating she wants to make female friends in Casablanca and a local guy has offered his friendship. Why didn't these people get banned instead?

I'll formulate my specific questions overnight, but I will state right now that if I get just-joined locals making their first post on this thread I shall not be at all interested. I don't want this type of "help". I have lived abroad before and have had to deal with this phenomenon in the past of locals wanting to be my "fixer" or "best friend". I'm not interested; I'm not a wellspring of free money. Answers from expats only please who have gone through the relocation experience.

Till tomorrow.

@ SvenStockholm >

Do note that some of our largest contributors have been banned as some of them developped some abusive behaviour on Expat.com and some no more wanted to comply to the rules etc.. there are a number of reasons why a member, even if they are very active, get banned.

Also note that we allow all members to talk about positive and negative facts on Expat.com, only generalized comments are removed.

If you have some questions to ask to the moderators, the best way is to contact us directly by clicking on this link : https://www.expat.com/en/contact.html as the forum isn't the appropriate place to criticize the Expat.com team members and to ask questions about our tasks.

If you have some specific questions, please create a new thread and ask your questions. Some members might be able to help.

Thanks

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed