Renting in new delhi

Namaste to you all reading this. Could you advise me on the following 

1- Renting a house/ apartment 

should I book on the Internet/

Use the local newspapers classifieds

walk into an agents office ( hoping they won't charge me more than the going rate)

2- Inscriptions  for schools

Should I call the head teacher and make an appointment ?

Just walk into the school?

Call the India education  ministry ?

Or call the local town concile  for school?

To rent a house/apartment, best way to go through local broker/property agent. They charge 15 or 30 day rent as brokerage. Agent may overcharge if they know that you are foreigner. So try to get help of any local friend.
For schools, better search on internet or directly visit schools. Dial 08888888888 (justdial) to get information about any service or place in any city of INDIA.

The best way to find an apartment is to contact property brokers. They might charge u a month's rent as fees. they will show u multiple apartments until u choose one. As u r a foreigner, they might charge higher rent from you so If u have locals friends u can take their help otherwise it will cost u a bomb. Regarding schools, i would suggest that u directly go to the school and contact  the receptionist in the school. Where are u planning to  reside? I can suggest u some good schools.

Thanks for the information  it's great
it will be in new Delhi 3 children ages 15 13 and 10

In case of renting, be careful. There are few , who do fraud. You could find school information on internet and their reviews too.

Can you suggest any that you know of and where would be the best place to find a house apartment  with a great school close by in the city of new delhi
Cheers

An suggestions  for schools that teach in English and Hindi as second or optional.i would like my kids to emerge  directly into the local system  best way to learn the language  and make great friends

Thanks for that totally forgot about that much appreciated. Btw  what creditanial should the broker have for me to know that he is genuine and credible

There are many schools nearby residential area. Some good schools are  Delhi Public Schools- it has many branches within delhi, Modern School, but i would suggest you to find information about them on internet and their reviews the way durgesh88 has suggested. There is also one reputed school which is situated in Noida its called Genesis Global School. For house apartment, I think South Delhi or Central Delhi would be ideal to stay in because it has proximity to reputed schools, shopping malls and some are posh areas.

U can also find a house apartment through websites like magicbricks.com.

Hi,

Good to see Durgesh and Sweety have made great suggestions, for renting house you may log on to indiahomes.com and they will capture your requirements and forward the details to field, local channel partner will contact you and help you. I would advise you to ask for the charges to the channel partners.

Hey...I am offering my apartment  in a place called Neeti Bagh , one of the finest places to live in New Delhi...you can look up my ad here and then we can get in touch with each other....in case you want to know more...please do let me know.
Warm regards

Dinesh Bali

Excellent  sounds great how many bedrooms and where is the link that I can explore  this place and area

Cheers

If you can give me you email id...I could send the mail directly to you and you can check.....

Warm regards

Hi
If you are looking for a house to rent, then choose various colonies in South Delhi. It all depends your location of workplace and then good schools nearby. Do email me and I can suggest.
[email protected]

Hello Dindin9999,

Advert are not allow on the thread.

Please drop your ad in the Housing in New Delhi section.

Thank you,
Marjorie

...................................................................................................................

Hello nipdew,

Can you share these informations about your contact on the forum rather than in private message  :/

Thank you,
Marjorie

[Moderated by Team : No free publicity on the forum please register your services in the Business directory ]

Hi Jcaine,

Hope all is well! I am a British Expat living in Delhi and found it extremely long-winded finding somewhere to stay (Many brokers, negotiations - basically a big hassle!).

I'm not sure where you plan to stay when you move to New Delhi, but if you are yet to find somewhere, please do get in touch.

All the best for your stay in New Delhi, it really is an awesome city!

Moderated by Christine
Reason: free advertising is not allowed on the forum + you should register your business in the business directory

Elliot Bromley - No free publicity on the forum - please register your services in the Business directory and actual properties in the Classifieds section:

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/india/new-delhi/

Thank you.

Apologies for that - noted!

who one earth moves from France to India

JUST CALL ME ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED

People who want their children  to grow up in different parts of the world so they are open minded and tolerant to all.

Or maybe just a great job opportunity

I very much appreciate you comments. We ( husband and I ) are coming in on September  to find school house etc.do you think I should engage in a guide.i have maps and looked at houses on the net but nothing like feeling  the real thing when I get there.

CBHANWARE wrote:

JUST CALL ME ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED

This forum is all about the sharing of information between members. If you have information regarding renting in New Delhi then please post it here on the forum so others can benefit from it.
Thank you.

I don't respond to messages that are closed or want my details. Thanks for reminding  him.i like an open forum

Property dealer are help you to find any house