Timing resign to go to KL for EP2

info appreciated, future employer tells me that once EP1 secured your guaranteed EP2 when you transit , essentially saying as high corporate position and competitive salary. Whilst  I wait for immigration team to contact me would like the forums thoughts. I really don't want to resign from already good job to find that EP2 application gets rejected somehow, so what is the EP2 part of visa application once EP1 approved as I can't find any reference, thanks

EP2 is when your passport is sent to immigration after you arrive in Malaysia.

Just wait till you get your "calling visa" i.e. permision has been given for your recruitment by immigration and notification sent to Malaysian High Commission in current country. It would be best to wait for EP1 before you resign.

Are the Malaysian employer pushing?  It also depends on how long your notice period will be?  Some companies do the clear your desk when in a high position.

But dont give up the job until EP1 is completed by employer as a bare minimum. I think some issues could arise as Malaysia wants locals to get management jobs to increase the per capita income. So they may take a double look these days at more highly paid positions and candidates.

Thanks again but is EP2 guaranteed if EP1 has been approved ?, ie merely a formality ?, thanks

Yes EP2 follows approval at EP1 level. But dont leave home or give up your job without confirmation of EP1 acceptance by immigration. Getting the "calling visa" (also called Visa with Reference) is the safest route rather than humouring the employer and applying for a tourist entry visa (if necessary) to arrive.

I recently heard of a person waiting 4 months to get immigration (EP1) approval and afterwards there was a "technical" hitch with the visa process and the job offer fell through anyway because the person had not disclosed some important information. That is why its so important to wait and inform the employer about any intentions to bring family members. The other type of issue that causes delays is the employer not advertising the position appropriately and not being able to prove that hiring a foreigners was the only solution. Hence the importance of the EP1 approval being secured.

There is another issue to be considered apart from the above now. It depends on your longer-term plans. What seems to be happening more often is that after the initial 2 year employment pass, immigration turn round and question at request for renewal that the job should have been passed over to a local Malaysian. So it would be important to view the maximum period as being 2 years in Malaysia and is that something that would do your career good or not. Its just everything is changing quite fast here and some new trends have emerged in the last couple of years. A rule of thumb is to be planning the next move, whilst negotiating the current one....