Moving to Portugal - Student Visa with dependants(spouse & child)

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Montreal, Canada and am currently evaluating the idea to move to Portugal for my master degree. It would be in either Lisbon or Porto with the latter being slightly preferred. I'm married and we have a 1 year old son. I'm wondering if you guys have any information concerning student visas with dependants. I couldn't find any information regarding this matter on secomunidades.pt website.

I will probably also call tomorrow the Portuguese embassy for more information.

Hello there,
and welcome to Portugal!
This is the site which will provide you with information regarding visas, duration of stay, legal residing etc. The website has the version in English, but more information is available in Portuguese original site.
Either way, it is the Service for Foreigners (SEF), so they do speak English-you can call them and have a conversation to find out whatever interests you.

http://www.sef.pt/portal/V10/EN/aspx/page.aspx

Good luck!

Hi Montreal,

Hope you are doing great! Well you have made a great decision to study in Portugal. As far as your study is concerned then you are eligible to work in Portugal without a permit. First of all you have to request for the permit. Non EU citizens need a work permit and a visa from the Portuguese Immigration Office in order to work in this country.

The internet is an incredible spot to look for part-time work.