Beginner

Hi everybody,

Iam a Turkish MA Student. Im here around Beirut and will be here further three weeks. The company I'm working for sent me here as an intern. I can't speak arabic but open to learn as much as possible during my intern here. I can also speak chinese but i don't think it will help me out here :)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. hope expand my lebanon friends here too.

:)

Hello youju and welcome on board! :)

How are you finding life so far around beirut? What makes you feel home and what makes you miss home??

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thanks kenjee

Beirut is a better place than i imagined before coming here. Its a small but populous city which make her good and bad for me. She is good because moving one place from another does not take a long time. On the other hand she is bad because of the awful traffic jam. Poor city transportation system needs urgent attention. As far as i experienced there is no fixed bus lines. There are taxis which also serve as minibuses if you tell them "service". And whats more? Most of the people are in the traffic on their own cars. Then the outcome is traffic jam on rush hours.

Other than that i liked the climate here. Mediterranian climate and food make me feel like home as we have a very similar one at home in Turkey. Not be able to speak arabic has not be a problem because most of the people speak english very well.

I also visited Tripoli last weekend as well. Its very different than Beirut. The streets, buildings and people are not like those in beirut. There are lots of historic heritage but not restored. So they are diapering day by day. If those historical stories can be restorated, tripoli would become a hot touristic destination too.

Thats all for now.. I will keep enjoying my limited time here. :)

Hi, Youju, welcome to Beirut!  I think you'll enjoy it here!