Hi. My name is Samantha. And I'm an expat living in France...

Here's where you ALL welcome me with a hearty hello! I'd love to connect with other expats, share war stories and good times, etc.

:D

Those of you in the Toulouse area, please, please introduce yourself.

Hello Samantha!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

Your discussion has been moved to Toulouse Forum,enabling you to communicate better with other members.

Also, Check out Toulouse expat network where you can start establishing new contacts and making friends.

All the Best!

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Samantha,
I do not live -yet- in France, just examining my options to go expat, either to FR, or to Netherlands.
I work in IT, and my French is at very basic level. So, i feel I'll have a hard time finding there a job requiring only English (at least for the first year or so).

How do you feel about Toulouse (have you lived in any other french, or european city, to compare it?).
when I read your post, i went to the maps and the first thing I thought was.. "Oh great! near the south Mediterranean coast, near Barcelona, and equally near to the Atlantic coast"
the weather there must be good. isn't it?

You went FR on your own, or following your spouse/friend?
Do you work there? self-employed or employee?

Your fluency in French is good enough, or you managed to earn a living just with English?

pimforpim wrote:

Hi Samantha,

How do you feel about Toulouse (have you lived in any other french, or european city, to compare it?

I've lived in London, but this is quite different since English really isn't spoken. Also, I live in a small town fifteen minutes outside of Toulouse – very different than living in the city itself. Toulouse, itself, is a nice, manageable city.

"Oh great! near the south Mediterranean coast, near Barcelona, and equally near to the Atlantic coast." The weather there must be good. isn't it?

I just got back from spending the w/end in Spain. (scuba/Costa Brava) Yes! A bonus. The weather is much, much milder than Chicago, where I spent most of my life.

You went FR on your own, or following your spouse/friend?
Do you work there? self-employed or employee?

I married a French man...

Your fluency in French is good enough, or you managed to earn a living just with English?

No, you need to know enough French to get by, then learn more as you go. Most of the people I've met, besides my husband and his co-workers, speak little English.

Hi Samantha,

Nice to meet you - my name is Monique and I've just moved to Toulouse (from L.A. but via Paris after 8 years). I'm in the centre of town and don't know a soul.  I am als married to a frenchman and have a 10 month old little girl.

I work from home so socially I know it will be even more difficult to meet new people.  So, if you're free one afternoon, would you like to meet for a coffee?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Cheers,

Monique

Hi Samantha,

I am planning on moving to Toulouse with my family, 2 kids, in the summer for a year or two. I am trying to find house rentals online buy so far no luck. Would you be able to direct me to specific sites or agencies who do long term rentals. I am looking in the area close to the International School of Toulouse, im not familiar with the city yet.
Any help in this search would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Reena

Reena- I have no idea, I'm sorry. Maybe contact TWIG-- and join up with them! It's the Toulouse Women's International group.

Samantha

hello samantha how are you me too i live in france is it ok if we know each other more

Hi Samantha, welcome to Toulouse!

I'm from Canada (Toronto) and I've been here for just over three years - came over here to be with my French BF.  I too work from home so am looking to meet new people.

Hope to hear from you!  Cheers!

Hi Samantha! I just signed up on this site, so I thought I'd say hi too! I'm an expat also, moved from Florida and have been living in Paris for about 7 months now... seems like there are a lot of expats who work from home... same in my situation, so I'm looking to meet people on here and make new friends! Nice to meet you!

Katrina

Hi Katrina! nice to meet you too! If I'm ever in Paris I'll give you a shout!~ And vice-versa...

Big welcome for all the newbies....including me.

Hi Samantha,
I'm brand new in Toulouse, I relocated here two weeks ago for work. I'm now living right in the middle of the city and any tips on meeting people here would be very welcome.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Carrie

Looking at retiring in the next few years and starting my research to backpack in Europe and possibly live in France.
I do have a french background however a little rusty but nothing
6 months in France won't fix.  I'm a new member so for now will get busy reading up on blogs and advice ect...feel free to communicate with me and offer any advice you may have. 
ps I've never even been to Europe so I have much to learn..

Hi Samantha,

I also came here to Toulouse because of loooove :D ! I've been in very different places (Peru, Mexico, Chili, USA, some cities in France...) so as for stories I have quite a lot to share and of course I'd love to learn about other people's life experiences as well. If you'd like to grab some coffee or so let me know ;)

Mayra

Hi ladies & gents, I am also new expat in Paris, why don't we organise coffee gathering or drink?
I am wondering if any of you would be interested to meet and explore the city?
About me, I am Egyptian by origin, married with two beautiful daughters, they will join me in august once I settle down..I worked in many places around the world and very much interested in understanding cultural differences and similarities....
I speak English, trying to improve my French ... I hope it works.
Cheers :)

hi
hello
i'am from tunisia and nice to meet you .