CPR question

So I went to LMRA today to do my fingerprints and things for my visa (work). They gave me a SIM card and I have a CPR number on it however I don't have a CPR card yet.
Can I use this number to open a bank account and get an Internet plan or do I still have to wait for the actual card?
Just such a long process. Taken me 3 months just to get to this point and it is a bit frustrating as I want to (well need to) have a bank account, get my own car, get a fixed Internet connection etc

Well done!! At least you got to that stage. I cannot help out with any advice as I've not even taken a step forward yet.

Though looking at your experience its taken you three months. Wow!!

I'm sitting tight.

You need to wait for the card and the residency stamp in your passport. Take these along with you work contract, your housing lease and your salary certificate to the bank and job done

Thanks Jo. Hopefully will have it by next week!

i got my CPR done in less than 10 minutes at Citra Mall.

How? What documents did you need?
Problem is the person who work have doing it all does it, which delays things

Just ignore Kel.TCY's comment  😂..
first of all please make sure from where you got your Sim ? from the airport ?
Did you finish your Medical checkup ? if not , then finish it And after this all you will get your CPR  .

fchaudari76 wrote:

How? What documents did you need?
Problem is the person who work have doing it all does it, which delays things

I have been the bank yesterday without anything but just the letter from my employer and passport. you don't need CPR for the bank account. just from my experience. all the best.

If you are American you will need:
- Letter from your employer
- CPR Card
- Passport
- A W-9 tax form completed

These were required from HSBC for me and my friends, and those who didn't have it all filled out what we could and just returned later with what they required.  The Brit and Aussie with us needed everything but the W-9. (for obvious reasons)

Just my experience, so may differ of course - Best of luck

latest update.
For the bank account open, the bank need to see the passport with residence visa, letter from employer stating salary, CPR is on the way and residential address of employee.