New to site,looking for info and contacts

Hi All,
My wife and I are thinking of moving to Spain or Portugal in a couple of years, when I retire. We are trying to gather as much info as possible and find people we can talk to about the experience of being an expat. we haven't made up our minds about where, except in Spain, we want to be in the south near the water. We will have limited resources so need info on economical living etc. We are outdoor people and live in So. Arizona so are used to heat. Just want to retire to someplace pleasant and peaceful. This looks like a good site to contact folks and find out some of the stuff we need to know. Hello to everyone and hope to hear from you. Steve and Glenda

Hi

We have retired to the Western Algarve (on the West Coast) of Portugal.
this is away from the Highrise apartments and hotels of the main Algarve. Research areas such as Lagos, Aljezur, Odemeira

Costa vincetina photos

If I can help you further please let me know...
Kind regards
PigletinPortugal

Thanks for the reply, I would like to keep in contact

Hi,

Just post your questions and I will do my best to reply :cool:

Kind regards
Pigletinportugal

Hi! In spite of the actual economical situation if you do it with time you will be able to make good deals, but remember, the interior Algarve is the best option because of various reasons, if you choose live within 20 minutes from the coastal areas you will be able to find very nice places with nice people and properties from € 25.000,00 up to € 100.000,00 ( the first requiring refurbishment and the 2nd in good living conditions ); Of course those parameters can alterate in both ways, the inland grocery shops can make better prices than the "rest of the Algarve world near the coast".

The overall view of it I can tell you make a good decision if you stay in the Algarve, I know Spain quite well and most of the Spanish people do not bother to speak english at all ( there exceptions I am sure ), it will make integration even harder, in the Algarve you will integrate better.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply, it is very helpful. We are just gathering info right now so all is welcome

Thanks Steve