Visa visa

if Malaysia EP1 granted is EP 2 guaranteed ?, I have offer in of RM40k a month but I have very good job now, when appropriate to resign ?, I am not a degree holder either just hard work and smart career decisions over last 15 years in IT Investment Banking.

Yes, as long as the DP10 process has been property completed i.e. the company would have submitted your resume, background documents, etc. to immigration, then the DP11 (pasting of employment pass into passport) is a formality. It would not be good to resign until the letter from immigration is sent to the Malaysian embassy in your current country (which results in you getting a visa by reference and permission to enter the country for working purposes). If the employer just wants you to resign and buy a tourist visa to enter, then I would say its not a good idea.

Edit:

Just noticed you are European so can enter without tourist visa. I still advise you to ask for a copy of the letter from immigration confirming that you can be employed by the company. The reason is, I dont know if they already have hired foreigners, but companies need a particular status and paid up capital, and without the appropriate levels, they cannot hire or cannot hire MORE staff, i.e. there are quotas.

thanks for prompt reply, I take it being a non degree holder will be no issue ? , I secured working visa in 2 other developed countries, 1 in US and 1 in Asia, under the relevant work experience, ie 10 years + relevant industry experience and management, thanks
role is with an investment bank so see no issue with employer,to add if DP11 is formality why is there 2-3 week wait, thanks

At a certain level of seniority, its professional standing and experience that counts. I have been in the same position and it was not a problem. Its more to deter young and unskilled labour entering the country.

But insist on confirmation of appointment by immigration authorities. Its going to happen and you are just asking for a copy.

thanks again, how does RM40k a month sound for Snr Mgr role , I crunched numbers seems fair. I figure RM5-6k for condo with our biggest outlay being school at RM7k a month and RM 3k for lease car. Tax is tax and Im current on how that works, thanks