Chances to practice/teach architecture in Tunisia?

Hi expats!

I am 22yo tunisian who was born and raised in Italy, and as such I hold a double passport (tunisian and italian)
I completed my Bachelor's Degree in Architecture (in italy) this past september, and I am now studying for my Master's Degree (in italy as well), whit hopes of continuing with a Phd in 2016 (in italy or abroad).

I would like to continue my work in academia, but I would be happy to work as an architect.
It may sound too romantic or cheesy, but I feel like I am home pretty much only when I am in Tunisia (I have come back for vacation every two years since I was born), and as such I was wondering how are the possibilities of employment in my sector, especially in the academics (and if its possible to make a decent living out of it).

I currently speak:
-italian: with a perfect level of proficency
-english: with a good level of proficency
-arabic: but only tunisian. A shame of mine is being unable to write/read arabic, but I speak tunisian decently (for example I can understand 90% or the talk in a tv show, but not much of a news segment). I hope to improve this once I graduate
-french: at a basic level.

Is the idea of working or teaching (after some years of exprience) in Tunisia feasible, or am I delusional?
Thanks to everyone who read and will reply!

Hi :) I like your idea a lot!  About your Arabic don't worry, after I raised in Germany I learned speaking nd writing in Arabic veeeeery fast, I'm 22 too, but I advice you to start basics from now, simple grammar rules words nd letters.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the encouragement! :)

You are welcome gazzellone, another important thing is, you said you have visited Tunisia every second summer, me as well, I came every summer and I had the same feeling, I feel really home only here, but my first year has been difficult a lot. i don't know how much you know about what living here means exactly, Germany is very organized, I miss that here a lot, running after documents, offices are working slow here, clocks are counting the time different here if you know what I mean. As nice summer here is, as much more bored will you be of the routine here, it's really not the same and not comparable to Europe. I came here, very ambitious and optimistic and reality took me fast back on the ground, I do love our country and I still live here, and in cha allah stay here of course, even if many things are making me tired here.

It's possible to settle down for us again, learn the language, our Culture better, make friends and work of course, marry too but one thing is very clear, even we are Tunisian, we are not like other tunisians here, we are watched by everyone and stay always foreigners somehow :)
That has good sides and bad sides, be careful here who you trust.

All in all, tunisia is growing a lot, and fast at the moment. Architecture is a good field and I really think your plans could bring you success here

Aaliosh wrote:

You are welcome gazzellone, another important thing is, you said you have visited Tunisia every second summer, me as well, I came every summer and I had the same feeling, I feel really home only here, but my first year has been difficult a lot. i don't know how much you know about what living here means exactly, Germany is very organized, I miss that here a lot, running after documents, offices are working slow here, clocks are counting the time different here if you know what I mean. As nice summer here is, as much more bored will you be of the routine here, it's really not the same and not comparable to Europe. I came here, very ambitious and optimistic and reality took me fast back on the ground, I do love our country and I still live here, and in cha allah stay here of course, even if many things are making me tired here.

It's possible to settle down for us again, learn the language, our Culture better, make friends and work of course, marry too but one thing is very clear, even we are Tunisian, we are not like other tunisians here, we are watched by everyone and stay always foreigners somehow :)
That has good sides and bad sides, be careful here who you trust.

All in all, tunisia is growing a lot, and fast at the moment. Architecture is a good field and I really think your plans could bring you success here

You managed to summarize extremely well the situation of the ones like us returning to their homeland.
The sentence "one thing is very clear, even we are Tunisian, we are not like other tunisians here, we are watched by everyone and stay always foreigners somehow" struck me in particular, because it is just what I have been reasoning about for a long time by now.
However, lately I have been thinking that those in our situation, are probably the ones that can bring perspective and knowledge from abroad to really help our home country.
Furthermore, Italy is more similiar to Tunisia than to Germany for burocracy and routine, so the change of environment would probably be less tiring.

Thank you again for your time, the kind works and the positivity! Hope to make it work :D