Work opportunities in Mauritius

Hi,

i live in London and am interested in possibly living in Mauritius; amongst other countries.  I may end up with 2 choices regarding work and i wanted to know which one is better or more available regarding working in Mauritius. The areas of work would be as a qualified Social Worker (with a Degree) or as an ESOL Teacher.  I would also be interested in knowing about salaries and work that may come with bonuses such as relocation packages.

Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ann.

Hello

Sorry to be blunt but have you read up on Mauritius and the languages spoken here.
As far as immigration is concerned, I doubt that you would  get a work permit as a social worker if you don't know Creole since the segment that could use your skills will speak to you in  Creole, unless you are supervising a group of social workers and will not be in contact with the people in need.

I would suggest that you checkthis tab to get an idea about living and working in Mauritius:

Hi; thats ok; i do know that English, French and Creole are spoken; it has been of some concern regarding the French language, as i am certainly not fluent in it; however, perhaps i would have more success if i went down the ESOL route re teaching?

mauritius is a paradise and offers many opportunities

Ameenah Threadstone wrote:

mauritius is a paradise and offers many opportunities

Yeah right but do you know all the rules for a work permit and a visa for a foreigner?.

Hello everyone,

Concerning your question about work permit , I would like to propose you to have a look at the section Guide- The occupation permit in Mauritius so that you can get some useful information.

Thank you
Yuveshen