Hi from Perth Australia

Hi all,

I am booking my holiday for KL for a week at the end of March.

I will be going to the F1, so I have a few days spare to do some shopping and look around. Where are some good places for a (First time solo) traveler to go, or not go? Are there any places or meets that happen during the week? Best cinema or theater options like gold class in Aust? <- Random I know but I have been to a cinema in each country I have visited so like to keep it going haha.

Will be my 2nd trip to KL first was only a weekend a few years ago. Last time I did the usual Twin Towers. KL Tower. Aquarium and got lost in some shopping center...

Thanks for any advice or tips you can provide.

In the past there have been quite a lot of events arranged in conjunction with the F1 in Malaysia. There is the concert at the track, but also there have been events at the Twin Tower Park area, including musical events. Last year of course they were cancelled because of MH360. There will be small displays at various Malls with an F1 theme (cars of some type usually). But I took a look at the internet, and have so difficult to assess what is happening except "This year, SIC's exclusive Malaysia Grand Prix Gala 2015 will showcase The Jacksons as its main act, and this time, fans will be able to purchase tickets to watch the performance at the Plenary Hall, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on 26 March 2015. The race weekend will close on a high in Sepang with the after-race concert on 29 March 2015 headlined by iconic rock musician Lenny Kravitz. For the first time ever, all F1 Grand Prix ticket holders will be able to enjoy the concert at no extra charge." It seems because of the lower noise level they are concentrating everything around the race and making it a family event, with children rides..... Sorry guys........

http://motomalaya.blogspot.com/2015/02/ … d-new.html

Where are you staying, because that will dictate what is available or easy to get to. There are lots of side events (see article) to do with racing 2 and 4 wheels.

Couchsurfing on a Friday in kl is a good meet up for travellers.

The best of Malaysia is the rain forests, caves and older towns with charm plus places like the Cameroon highlands. Kl is a very functional city but for a short trip ok. Not that many sites but enough for 2 days

hi. welcome. malaysia's beaches are good place to spend time. hope you will enjoy yourself.