Moved to Rincon close to a year ago

Hi Everyone,

Moved to Rincon close to a year ago. Have some surfer friends so that's how it all came to be. I said Wow.... Let's Go.. Was in Florida since about 2000 and wanted to go Exotic, but still be able to stay in touch..:)

Went to art school, and worked as a graphic designer most of my life.. some painting too..

So anyway.. believe it or not, I play golf.. not a whole bunch of golfers on the West side of the Island, but they are here..!! Play at the Punta Borinquen Golf Course right across from the Airport, nice course right on the Ocean, fairways are a little rough, but that would cost a fortune to fix, so you play "Winter rules" all year round, which means, you pick your ball up and place it on the best spot you can find.. Sweet..!! I like that..!!

I'm just getting ready to move though to the East side of the Island.. You guessed it.. more golf courses on the East side..We'll see how things go from there..!! Hopefully..!!

Nice meeting with You All..!!

Thanks..!!

Welcome to the forum, Johnny and already welcome to the east side of the island where I've been living for almost 14 years now.

Hi Gary,

Thanks... Wow... 14 years of the Living the Good Life East Side..

Nice..

Hi, Johnny and welcome. We are interested in Rincon to live.  Are moving to the east coast mainly for the golf or something you didn't care for in Rincon?

Hi Schuttzie,

Thanks, Yeah I am definitely moving east because of the golf... Just more courses available.

Rincon is great and I'm living in a really great place in Sandy Beach where I have a 1 year lease on that goes from April to April.

Sure people have said to you the best thing to know for sure if this is where you stay on a longer term basis is to come for at least a few weeks or so and see for yourself.

Don't know if you've ever seen this magazine, El Coqui of Rincon, but it can help I think give more of a feel for what the area is about.

Here's a link to the latest issue, comes out once a month. They've recently changed the way to view the online version, which to me is a little funky. I know it's a popular format for online publications, but to me it was easier the way the had it before were you just scrolled down for each page without all the jumping around.

issuu.com/elcoqui823/docs/february2015forweb/3?e=13115802/11484544

Hi Schuttzie,

The message I just put up with the link to the "El Coqui of Rincon" magazine is under review, so you can't see it..

But if you just search for "El Coqui of Rincon" on google it will come right up..

Of course there are a whole lot of sites about Rincon that I'm sure you've probably have seen which really give you a feel for the area.

Thank you, yes we've seen the magazine site and also have brought one home with us from our last trip last month.  We are also checking into some long term rentals there.  Do you have a link or could possibly share your landlord's information since you are leaving there soon?  You can send it private message if you like through this forum.

Thank you!!

Near El Yunque is an excellent choice. Most people access the park from the north but there are some nice places to live to the southeast of the park as well that are higher elevation and therefore cooler in temperature. Good luck.

Hi JohnnyNight,

@everyone,

Would like to inform you that i created a new topic as from your posts on the Puerto Rico forum. ;)

Hi Christine,

Wild... Thanks..! I can tell people a few things I know about Rincon if they happen to hit on something I'm familiar with, though I imagine there are others on the board who have more experience with the local scene here than me...

Chance are though, I probably would be able to direct them to more "Tips on Playing Golf" than giving them the 100 percent inside scoop on Rincon..:)

But I'm ready for anything that comes My Way...!!