IT Engineer Salary in Luxembourg

Hi All,

I've got a job offer from one of the IT company located in Luxembourg. I have about 8 years of experience in IT field.Can some one suggest me how much NET salary I can expect in Luxembourg?
Currently I am working In India and get around 2000 Euro net PM (i.e. after tax) ?
Since cost of living in Luxembourg is quite high, I personally believe that I should get atleast 4000 Euro PM in Luxembourg.
I would appreciate if some one can throw some light on above.

Thanks,
Neti

sudhbach wrote:

Hi All,

I've got a job offer from one of the IT company located in Luxembourg. I have about 8 years of experience in IT field.Can some one suggest me how much NET salary I can expect in Luxembourg?
Currently I am working In India and get around 2000 Euro net PM (i.e. after tax) ?
Since cost of living in Luxembourg is quite high, I personally believe that I should get atleast 4000 Euro PM in Luxembourg.
I would appreciate if some one can throw some light on above.

Thanks,
Neti

Welcome to the forum.

Try these sites for salary information www.payscale.comwww.worldsalaries.org   or a Google search will find out for you. 

You may want to check out cost of living which will be very high www.numbeo.com

Neti,

I can't answer your question with numbers, but will comment on one important aspect. Beware of deceitful intermediaries, which in many cases are basically call-centers from the UK. Before you quit your job and relocate, make sure that:
1) The hire is formalized (in writing, with binding contract), and
2) you're fully aware of your contractual obligations.

I made the mistake of quitting my job and moving to Luxembourg, as several "recruiters" there showed interest in my qualifications. Once there, everything turned out to be a farce. On one occasion, the job seemed to be in hand; the English recruiter wanted me to sign a contract that would compel me to purchase liability insurance. While habitual in the UK, IT professions do not (and should not) garner the need for that insurance ... we're not physicians, for example.

Fast-forwarding this story, the position never materialized; there were too many politics among recruitment agencies fighting for the project. Even after I left Luxembourg, I kept getting calls from other agencies about that position, asking me about the initial recruiters, who in turn asked me to keep confidentiality. It was a mess. Buying that insurance policy would have been a waste of money.