VT vs. Gabrovo

I moved to Gabrovo in December, and for the most part I couldn't be happier here. It is just the kind of smaller town that I enjoy, with interesting people and a strong sense of community. However, the other day I went to VT for lunch (I had driven through but never stopped before) and I have to say that I get what all the fuss is about. That place is just dripping with style! :)

I am starting to wonder if I attached myself to the wrong town. (Can't really switch now, my husband just hired his first three employees in Gabrovo.) Oh well, I suppose they are close enough that once I get a car I can travel to VT on occasion- especially if we end up in a village between the two.

Anyone else in the Gabrovo area?

I've got a house between Veliko Tarnovo and Gabrovo in a small town called Slaveykovo, a lovely place to be! I've got a company in Veliko Tarnovo and I hope to make a permanent move within 5 years :) (I am 26 now) If I have to compare the 2 cities, I would definately prefer Veliko Tarnovo, a wonderful atmosphere! Gabrovo is nice as well though, and close to some nice tourist attractions like Shipka, Buzludzha, Etar, Bozhentsi, Tryavna and the Dryanovo Monastery! I think living in a small town would be way better though!

Hi, we have an apartment in Gabrovo Hills, at the moment we only holiday in the summer but are looking forward to staying for longer in the near future. Whereabouts are you in Gabrovo?

Paula

We are full-time in the center (by the bus station). We are looking to build a house either on the edge or in a nearby village in the next few years. (Or renovate- still haven't decided).