Working for ADEC

Hi all, kindly help me with some urgent answers. I hv just had 1st interview with TeachAway. went brilliantly and been told next one is next week with officials from goverment ministry in UAE. got job description on Nord Anglia headed paper. Is that normal. am desperstae to work there. female living in London, 11 years secondary qualified teacher, hv Masters in Teaching. Married with 2 boys 18 & 13. to help me make informed decision, what is base salary to accept, will accomodation be given as promised, what r the bonuses they r talking about,will return flights be upheld,how is teaching like there, do I need a car, will I pay utility bills or thats part of package, will my 13 yr old go to British School? where? sorry for all these questions but am so confused having been reading loads online about this long dream of my family to move to UAE. at this time of year, if I get job when is the possible time I can get there as schools already begun? the role am going for is a supervisiory teacher role. thanks so much as I desperately await answers plsssss. Help!!!

no matter what the salary would be, you have to insist that accommodation is to be provided from their side or that the housing allowance can comfortably cover current rental rates.
Sorry if i cant advice on the bas salary, i work in a different domain.

Hi

I do not know Nord Anglia, what is the schools name?? I have been in Al Ain for 1 year now with my family.

Few points to be carefull for:

Make sure your contract is married status (I actually got a married status contract as a female and when I came they changed this to single status as females are not aloud married contracts)

This means they will only cover your costs, not your families!!

I find it expensive to live here,housing 2 bedroom apartments are around 60 000 - 70 000 dhs per year (therefor make sure they pay for accomodation)

Food: avaerage about 2000dhs per month (not included any luxuries)

Car: depending what you get,but you would probably get a new one as insurance is very expensive on older cars and some companies will just not give you insurance aroun 1000 dhs per month.

Schools: the schools are also expensive and all the good british/american etc ones is FULL, I waited 11 months to get my son in a good school and the fees are quite a lot. Their school year is starting no on 12th September,they just had a 3 month holiday.

Hope the above helps.:lol:

big thanks. very helpful. i dont know the schhol yet with ADEC. will be coming with my husband and son so definately its got to be a married contract.accomodation is covered, fully furnished. thanaks.

rwr wrote:

Hi

I do not know Nord Anglia, what is the schools name?? I have been in Al Ain for 1 year now with my family.

Few points to be carefull for:

Make sure your contract is married status (I actually got a married status contract as a female and when I came they changed this to single status as females are not aloud married contracts)

This means they will only cover your costs, not your families!!

I find it expensive to live here,housing 2 bedroom apartments are around 60 000 - 70 000 dhs per year (therefor make sure they pay for accomodation)

Food: avaerage about 2000dhs per month (not included any luxuries)

Car: depending what you get,but you would probably get a new one as insurance is very expensive on older cars and some companies will just not give you insurance aroun 1000 dhs per month.

Schools: the schools are also expensive and all the good british/american etc ones is FULL, I waited 11 months to get my son in a good school and the fees are quite a lot. Their school year is starting no on 12th September,they just had a 3 month holiday.

Hope the above helps.:lol:

ADEC would provide accommodation. If you are going to be based in Al Ain, please contact me, as a broker I have got several new apartments available that could be rented via ADEC.