Family oriented compound advice

Hello, currently living in Riyadh, my family and I will be relocated soon in Jeddah. So I was trying to find some informations about compound list and prices but I manage to have only the list of some compound ( but not the prices). Actually the question is, do u know a god family oriented compound with activities/ parties with reasonable price? We a looking for 2 or3 bedrooms max. Are those following compounds good? Sierra village, lotus 3 and 4, Al basateen and Mura bustan compound? Other suggestion? Thanks a lot for any information.

Prices usually keeps on varying every year, that's why you won't get a definite figure !!

Well, actually concerning the prices, the last post i saw is from 2011!! Quit far 😔 no one from 2014? 😉

It is advised to get in touch with the compound management for prices. Trust me they aren't fixed. For different nationalities they might quote a different figures and there's always a chance for haggling !! Good luck

Oh  :/  i see.
Thanks a lot saimans for your advice. I âme also trying to call  some of them but the phone numbers i have are not responding ( probably changed also). Thanks again...

Just keep calling. Are you getting a recording welcoming you to the compound???? Honestly getting people on the phone is a nightmare & returning a call is even worse. Also try emailing. You will literally need to call & email daily to the same compounds to get answers

MB is around 190,000SR for 3 bed & over 220,000sr for 4bed ---rates are being raised this year
Al Basteen & Sierra will be around the same if not higher & you will pay utilities.

Yes, very difficult to get hold of them, I will be in Jeddah from next month, I will probably need to go my self and visit ( could we do it without appointment?  :unsure
I really need help and advice from someone living there. Is it better to ask an estat agent or I can do it my self? ( I ame thinking more about waiting list  :mad:
What is your opinion about sharbatly? The compound you mentioned seems overpriced.
Thanks

You have to have an appointment so that you can get past security at all compounds. I had a friend move to Sharbatly and I think she said it is on par with MB. Not 100% sure.

As everything here there will be waiting llists unless you know someone or your company has some pull. I would definitely as your work if they have someone in Jeddah to help you with contacting the compounds and organizing tours.

I reached Sierra by email pretty easily. I had a tour in Oct. but won't know till April or may if I can get in to a 3 or 4 bed in June

Hi,
I'm almost in the same position. Visited Jeddah for last interview last week. I visited 3 schools for my pre-teen daughter. In addition to that, I also visited 2 compounds in Al Hamrah area for a brief look. Now I am back home Istanbul. Should we agree on some small remaining details, I will be moving to Jeddah probably early next month. Family will probably move by summer. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks everyone.
Braveheart, I will be also in Jeddah from next month and start to work. My family will join this summer as well. Hope we will be able to find something by then. Which compound did u visit? I ame making a list of compounds not so far from the French school ( where my daughter will be) and at the moment I have lotus 4 ( seems nice but big waiting list   :rolleyes:  and sharbatly. Will continu my research  :dumbom:

Johan,
I am probably the rookiest one here. Nevertheless, during my short trip to Jeddah, saw the city full of different size compounds. I dropped by 2 by company driver. Honestly speaking I didn't care about the names but I can get them for you. 1st one was the compound where the previous GM of the company (I will replace him if I agree) lived. It was a British compound but full for the moment. We had unfortunately no chance during my short availability to visit the 2nd one (around the consulates district) that was at quite a  close vicinity to the 1st since the compound manager was in a meeting.

Johan,

When looking for a compound also ask if they provide free transportation to the French school. Many of the bigger ones will offer that service if there is enough students on compound that go to the same school.

Hi,

We are in a similar situation living in Riyadh, my husband is looking at a job that is located there, was wonder how you got on and if you have found out any resent prices and what are the waiting lists like, should we start putting our names down now? We are wanting something near the British school as we have a 12,10 & 9 year olds.
Thanks

Sierra village is very nice :) Good reference. I think the villa I am is about 3500euro/month

MicJas - if you are wanting the British School (Conti) in Jeddah than the compound it is on is Al Basteen....though many of the bigger compounds also offer buses for students for free to Conti as well.

Have you applied yet for the school for next fall??? There is usually a pretty extensive waiting list & they did most of their enrollment for the 2015/2016 school year last fall.