Moving to bahrain - best areas to live?

Hi all

We are moving to Bahrain this summer from Dubai and are currently trying to read up as much as we can on living there. We visited for 2 days to look at schools and houses and still undecided on what the best options are. We had a look at St. Chris but since their first question was what passports we are holding, I was put off! We have dealt with that kind of discrimination here in Dubai and frankly not bothered to deal with that again. Applying to BSB and Nadeen school and since we have a special needs child, also looking at the children's Academy in Hamala. Fingers crossed!
Wanted to ask if anyone can recommend any residential compounds, we had a look at The Grove in Hamala and although we liked it, their outside area is unsuitable for our dogs. From what I have read, it seems the best areas to live are Saar, Janabiya and hamala?

Hello ,

And welcome to Bahrain. Saar Budayia and Janabiyia are not bad. Hamala is for me too far from the shops..We are located Eighteen Dates Compound it is a small and modern compound only 5 mns from BSB. There are plenty of compounds around Saar and Budayia that would be suitable...I hope that my small experience in Bahrsin..2 months only..will have helped you a little.. take care and good luck ☺

Hi there

Thanks for ur reply. Will definitely have a look at the compound u recommended. Moving is always hard but I'm sure things will come together soon enough. Looking forward to our new adventure.

We saw a lot of places from Sar to Janabiyah / Jasra etc, however we were limited by budget and like you finding somewhere which was suitable for our labrador. We had to settle for an older house in a compound in Barbar which had a yard large enough.
There are so many compounds I am sure you won't have a problem finding somewhere.
Bahrain property world may be a place to look to give you an idea of what's available.

Don't let what St Chris say about passports put you off, they are allowed a certain amount of each nationality so that it doesn't end up a  German school or a British or a French school. They keep a good balance.

Area's are Hamala, Jasra, Saar, Janabiya. If your husband isn't travelling to Saudi then there is Riffa Views, Reef Island and Amwaj Islands (bit more expensive though)