Make friends with me! and/or mexican food tomorrow?

I kinda want to go to the Mexican buffet tomorrow (Sunday) evening at...some mexican place whose name i'll look up if I find some people who want to go. 

I've been in Shanghai for a couple weeks now and have just started to explore the city a bit, but I don't know anyone at all here , let alone anyone my age-ish (I DON't want to be best buddies with the 45year old asian man trying to talk to me while I'm ordering takeout).

So, if your cool, or not, email me to hang out and maybe make a new friend :)

things about me you'll find out sooner or later (to help you decide if you want to email me lol):
i like food- esp finding a bomb dish at a hole in the wall place, i like to bargain at markets, i love movies at home, i'm pretty independent minded, good with directions, asian and grew up in Vegas, i enjoy a good sense of humor, clumsy :), and occasionally something REALLY ditzy will come out of my mouth and i laugh at myself for being dumb, i miss aspects of the US but love Shanghai so far!

Welcome to Expat.com, whathappensin :)
Thanks for this nice presentation! I'm sure you'll make some nice contacts here.
Cheers

Hey erm whatshappening,

I m Darren, I moved to Shanghai not long ago as well. About 3 months i think.

I think we have similar interests. I like watching movies and finding good food at good prices!

Shall keep it simple, I m not 45 and if you are keen to hang out n eat, I will be glad to oblige.

Oh I m from Singapore.

See ya

Hey whathappensin,

I miss good Mexican food so much, would totally recommend you try out Mexico Lindo.  So this place is in Gubei and a bit far (espec. for you), but it's worth it if you're really craving good Mexican.

Hope you like Shanghai so far, happy to add you as a friend (you'd be my first) and just lemme know next time if you want to come to this side of the water for some good food.  I've always lived in Puxi so am no expert at Pudong restaurants - how was the place you tried last sunday?

Hey! I am also from the US! Message me up with you want to hang out :)

hi
i am also new at shanghai, arrive at 26 Feb. totally dont know anyone here. anyone wanna have some coffee or dinner together or maybe spend weekend together to explore shanghai with me?

Hey Whatsap,

I just arrived this morning and would like to meet some English speaking Asian people!

I love latin food!!

I am 25, open and honest guy. How old are you btw?

Regards,
Peter

Hi,

I am also new to shanghai and open to meet new people.

I see a lot of people are looking to make friends, so may be we can organize a little get-together?

Btw, I am 31 yrs old from Brussels.

Cheers,

Hans

Hello Hans,

Brilliant idea. I guess it is time to organize an Expat-Blog meet up in Shanghai.

May be you can start a new thread and propose the date and the location and I will stick it to the top of the forum ;)

@Yud/Hans

Good stuff, you can count me in.

Jeff

Hey! I also just came to Shanghai for my new job. I work as a programmer here. Would love to hang out together sometime!

HI JeffZhang > this thread is not actif since 2011. I would invite you to create a new topic on the Shanghai forum. ;)