Expat blog March gathering in HCM on 15th March Sunday 2015

Hi Everyone. Happy Tet celebration.Most of us will be back to Hcm by now.
This month gathering will be as follows:

Date: 15/03/2015 Sunday
                Venue: Highland Coffee
                            181 Ham Nghi, P HguyenThai Binh, District 1   (opposite Ben Thanh market)                     Time: 3.pm-5pm(come anytime)

When you reached Ben Thanh Market , the Highland cafe is at the opposite across  the big roundabout..
Please go upstairs and look for "Expat.com" sign
We will move elsewhere for dinner together if you would like to join us
Please order your beverage and pay at the counter.All are welcome. .
Those with motorbike,please bring extra helmet.
Hope to see you soon. Miss you all.
Cheers,
Richard

Cheers,
I would love to join.

Great! We usually have over 20 attendees at each gathering. See you soon.

I'm a local. May I join?
I really want to make friends :-)

Yes, there are many mix of locals and expats. We actually have build a group of regular friends from here. Hope you can join us and be apart of this. We want to build a positive and friendly environment.  A network of good friends to support each other with activities or even  community projects that benefit everyone. You can speak in any language to communicate as we do not want to impose any rules. See you soon.

can i join?

toa huat man wrote:

can i join?

Great!..just come. You can give us a short intro about yourself here so we all would know who you are too. See you

Do you have the meet ups on the same day/time? My boyfriend and I would like to join in but we teach until 5pm every Sunday! We are from England arrived here in Vietnam in January and we are eager to meet new people and learn the language!

Cpearce1988 wrote:

Do you have the meet ups on the same day/time? My boyfriend and I would like to join in but we teach until 5pm every Sunday! We are from England arrived here in Vietnam in January and we are eager to meet new people and learn the language!

Regret to inform you that the monthly gathering  will be on Sunday at 3pm as it is the most convenient  time for all but I do understand some need to work on Sunday. That is why we extend to dinner.  I will pm you my contact so we all still can meet up for dinner. We do occasionally  have smaller gathering among us when we keep in touch. The monthly gathering is the foundation for newbie to get in touch for the first time. That is why we have it at the same location to avoid any confusion.Keep in touch soon. See you both soon.

Sounds great! Ok me and my friend here will join the party, big thanks! Looking forward to see you all...

Hi Mr. Richard,

I'm really interested in this top because I like meeting new people and wanna learn from everyone from different countries , So I really wanna join this event. Could you please tell me more about the program that you organized last time. And what should the attendance prepare for this event, and how much does it cost for each person.

Thank you for letting us know about this :)

tram.nguyen2212 wrote:

Hi Mr. Richard,

I'm really interested in this top because I like meeting new people and wanna learn from everyone from different countries , So I really wanna join this event. Could you please tell me more about the program that you organized last time. And what should the attendance prepare for this event, and how much does it cost for each person.

Thank you for letting us know about this :)

Cost?....well you just pay for your own drink/food when u order at the counter.. Just come and spread your smiles. We are really a bunch of friendly people. Just pretend everyone is your old friends and you will be ok. We want to create a positive environment and even encourage  you to change  seats so you get to chat with everyone.  And if you want....join us for dinner too. You can check out our previous gathering  photos. Hope to see you.

Mae Bermudez wrote:

Sounds great! Ok me and my friend here will join the party, big thanks! Looking forward to see you all...

Great....just join our party gathering. . Spread smiles and laughter. See you

Hi Mr. Richard,

Thank you for your response. It sounds interesting, so hope everyone will pretend to be my friend also :) . I will join it, see you all soon :)

Brs,

tram.nguyen2212 wrote:

Hi Mr. Richard,

Thank you for your response. It sounds interesting, so hope everyone will pretend to be my friend also :) . I will join it, see you all soon :)

Brs,

The pretend is to break the ice and shyness but at the end they will eventually be your friend . We don't pretend to be friends . Hope you understand this.  Many pm me they are shy but I just tell them this method . Works for me! Hope you will enjoy ..

Yes, I was just kidding, I know you mean the good point :) . Hope the gathering will be successful. Enjoy ^^

Can i join with all you?

letantoi wrote:

Can i join with all you?

Sorry ...we you must be mature enough for conversation to attend. From your avatar.... Nobody will baby sit. ^^ Just kidding. Whoever want to attend ,do write a small intro with photo so we will look out for you. Haha. Sure.....just come....it's good to have cute baby to entertain us once in awhile .....we will look out for cute baby. Will prepare milk if you want.
Come all. Let us have a great time.

Dear Richard,
My wife and I live in HCMC. We are Vietnamese. Could we come and join you with our 2 children (the boy is 15 years old and the girl is 12).
Thank you.
Hung.

hanoiftp wrote:

Dear Richard,
My wife and I live in HCMC. We are Vietnamese. Could we come and join you with our 2 children (the boy is 15 years old and the girl is 12).
Thank you.
Hung.

Hmm. ...sure ....wow....now we have family coming. Would your children want to come? We are adults and speaks mostly English.  Though there is no language restriction.  We do prefer you move around other seats to get to know more people. There is no age limit to as long as you like to chat and mingle. So I don't know if your children would want to do that....or just sit there getting on the wifi? ^^. Sure Hung,.....let's meet your family...see you.

Thank you Richard,
We'll try our best to come together with our children.
See you soon.

Hung.

My baby. Haha... i ll come alone. I hope we have a good meeting. See you

:) Hi Richard, How are u? I do expect for your BBQ party again.

Hi Richard, Can I join also ? Sounds interesting...

Hi Richard,

I am vietnamese and my husband is French, we live in dirst 7. we would like meeting new people and making friend .
could we come and join you?
look forward to hearing from you soon
Tham

may_imex wrote:

:) Hi Richard, How are u? I do expect for your BBQ party again.

Hi....we will try to organize another bbq party soon. May discuss during our gathering  soon. Hope to see you again.....soon.

wandychan wrote:

Hi Richard, Can I join also ? Sounds interesting...

Sure Wanda,  the more the merrier. I'm expecting about 25-30 attendees. I'm sure we will have some fun. See you

Sorry Im wandy, not wanda.. keke....

wandychan wrote:

Sorry Im wandy, not wanda.. keke....

Oops sorry Wandy ( stupid spelling correction ) ^^ My bad. See you

Tina Trinh wrote:

Hi Richard,

I am vietnamese and my husband is French, we live in dirst 7. we would like meeting new people and making friend .
could we come and join you?
look forward to hearing from you soon
Tham

Yes....do join us. I do not know who will come . There will be some regular good friends and some new ones from all over . Friendship knows no boundaries.  I'm am sure we will have a big group . The last two gathering ,we have over 30 attendees. If you are free ,do join us for dinner too. See you

thanks a lot. we will join :)

Hello, i'd love to join and meet new friends. My name's Nam and i'm a local guy.
Have a good day!

Shanenam wrote:

Hello, i'd love to join and meet new friends. My name's Nam and i'm a local guy.
Have a good day!

Hi Nam...nice of you to join us. See u soon.

Hi Loo
Just found out this thread, it's so interesting...
I am Hai, call me Dustin, newbie, I will arrange to join, can you give me your info so that I know who I will look for next Sunday

All the best,

Hi Richard,

I've been living at HCM for nearly 2 months and would love to meet new people. Is it okay if I can attend the gathering and bring a few friends along?

@Dustin: Pls find Highland Coffee shop at 181 Ham Nghi, Dist. 1 (opposite to Ben Thanh market) and just go upstairs, then you can ask the waiter/ waitress at Highland where is the expat group, they will show you.

Quynh (Quinn) Nguyen wrote:

Hi Richard,

I've been living at HCM for nearly 2 months and would love to meet new people. Is it okay if I can attend the gathering and bring a few friends along?

Welcome . I am sure you will be happy to meet new local and expats friends. Do bring your friends too. I will reserve more seats this time as I am sure this will be a big gathering. But I am sure the cafe can accommodate all of us :D
Hope the previous attendees will continue to come so we can get to know you better.
See you all.

Hello, Richard
I am a new member of Expat.com.
I would love to connect with local and expat in HCM. May I join this meeting, please.
Thank you so much  :)

Chollada Tran wrote:

Hello, Richard
I am a new member of Expat.com.
I would love to connect with local and expat in HCM. May I join this meeting, please.
Thank you so much  :)

Hi, everyone  are welcome. Be a friend to everyone.see you

Hey guys,

http://www.graceplaceniu.com/new-students/everyone-is-welcome-mat.jpg

Richard: should you post a big photo like this in every gathering post :D? And we should to mix some wonderful photos from last gatherings with this text: EVERYONE IS WELCOME.