Arriving In Thailand

December 2013 was a grim month in my life, I had made plans to backpack India with my Fiancee of 14 years, when suddenly she announced we where splitting up. Moved into a rented room and appraised my life.  The dream and love of travel had always been in me, why stall at the last hurdle.  So i submitted my resignation, packed my backpack and set of, I traveled India, Malaysia. Thailand, Cambodia, China, Vietnam, Laos.

I loved it and realised that SE Asia was somewhere I could live and settle, but where. Narrowing it down it was only going to be Thailand.

Speculative messages and feelers where put out, expat groups joined, CV posted, and my fingers well and truly crossed.   " I was stunned" !

Great responses and I was lucky to be offered 4 roles, two of which caused me several nights of thought and decision making, but I plumbed for the Challenge and in February 2015 I joined The Voova Group in Pattaya as Group Sales Manager.   voovagroup.com/

I now have a large rented room with a/c, balcony, pool, cable tv, fridge, wi fi for 8500 thb per month,  I drive a Scooter, eat noodles for breakfast, squeeze between trucks, Coaches and cars on 3rd road and Pattaya Klang, and generally am enjoying life.

Of course I miss my old friends and family, but my youngest son gets married in May, so a good catch up is not to far way.   :-)

oh great, im so glad that you're enjoying yourself in pattaya.

Hello there!
My husband and I are moving from Shanghai to Pattaya at the end of August with our 3 cats.
I am Singaporean and he is German.
We will be happy to make some new friends - please write!
Best regards,
Lynn

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

I feel you Steve..am expat from neighboring country who is making a fresh start after a bitter divorce..am still having to go back and forth between countries for the time being as I still have business back home..but most of my months here,I have nothing to do..I love charity work,cooking and playing golf..I've got solid business back home,so I need some volunteer work to occupied myself..I studied and live in London for several years,involved with charity works in my home country and also before I got into family business was a dj(I still keep up with the scene)..so all those experiences and colorful life I led would help me get some unpaid job..advices and new friends are so welcome..

Hello..how are you doing you two?welcome to pattaya altho I am very new to this town myself...just got myself an apartment today...u can read something abt me below in the comment to Steve..I would like to make friends also..hit me up when u r in town for any help u may need..