Thinking of moving to Hammamet

Hi All,

I am new here and would like to talk to people from Europe and U.S., Canada, etc.  who moved there. Have been to Djerba several times for several months and fell in love with the island. However, as a woman from Europe I am looking into Hammamet to possibly make my second home and live at for 6 months out of the year (Have not been there yet), simply because I would like to be in a city where I can also find people that are not Muslim. I tolerate all religions, but made the experience that not all religions are tolerated in Djerba, whilst the people there do not even practice themselves and live a double standard. I would like to hear about your experiences from Hammamet and how the people and religion extremes are there.  Especially from the women I would like to know if they feel safe there and if they are able to live a more modern life there, hence can you go to a cafe alone, go to the beach, etc.? Also, is there a European community in the city at all? Would love to hear about your experiences. Cheers!

Hello BeachBum2015,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Hammamet forum for a better visibility and interaction.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thank you  :) Still do not really know how things work here.