EXPAT hoping to open up a HEMP PRODUCTION BUSINESS, BUT.....

Apparently my utmost politically correct friend "Priscilla" stated my public awareness campaign is not " linked to expatriation"....Hence, After serving many years in Panama and processing my paperwork to become legal, I have decided to enhance industrial hemp public awareness because i would like to open up a hemp processing business for the sake of helping panama not only ecologically but also economically. That said, I would appreciate ANY support on this endeavor. Thanks....

Hi there,

I guess there is some kind of misunderstanding here ... is hemp legal in Panama ?

If not, I invite you to read our terms and conditions again :

"the following is strictly forbidden:

(...)

Any illegal or indecent material for online publication"

Thanks,

Julien

That is truly the question here....not trying to be politically correct but marijuana is illegal, industrial hemp is not. I even have a S.A. awaiting approval from MIDA for the phitosanitary certificate..so, based on those circumstances it is not illegal. However, you the founder can dictate...it is your ball after all.....Thanks.

Hidalgo49 wrote:

However, you the founder can dictate...it is your ball after all.....Thanks.

Well, at least you sort of LOOK like a dictator!

I'll take that as a compliment...Thanks.

I am not in Panama yet, but hope to be there within the next year. With that said, I think this gentleman has a good  Idea. This is not a question of legal "pot ", but the production of the hemp plant. TWO DIFFERENT THINGS, people.
The hemp plant has, can, and WILL be one of the most important renewable, green, products on earth. Those who understand this will prosper, those who keep their head in the sand will lose out. Truly simple as that. I would love to be involved in such a great industry.

We have a small finca near Las Tablas that possibly be a good start for hemp trees. Let me know. Where are you located?? Maybe we could meet.    :cool:

@ Hidalgo > In order to make it clear for everybody that Hemp is really legal in Panama, can you please provide a link where this business has been approved by the Panamanian government please?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks for the offer but before I begin planting i wanna establish a sense of transparency & integrity with the offices of MIDA, AUPSA and INA due to the bad rap stigma hemp has...the vision for the way ahead is to give farmers the opportunity to grow an alternate crop it and make money. I just want to process the plant into the different ecologically green benefits for the environmental benefit for the country. The over abundance of plastic bottles in the country can be resolved by using bio-plastics created from hemp...ever forward!

there is legislation against marijuana but I don't believe there is any legislation addressing "hemp"..which is why I am able to solicit the phitosanitary certificate from MIDA & AUPSA and establish an S.A. (Panama-Cañamo S.A.) with the government. Best answer i can give for now...Thanks..

H

I knew you were not being "altruistic."  You are simply trying to manipulate the Panamanians for your own gain.  You should be ashamed.  And apparently no, hemp is not legal in Panama, which is why you are trying to get the law changed.
Thank you Julien, for your post on this.

Not sure just when it became "shameful" to try to establish a new business opportunity in Panama.

Don't judge...prove it that is not legal in Panama. (moderated: no personal attacks here please)

(moderated) I fully support the hemp trade here and worldwide. We are launching a campaign to bring this to the attention of JCV and the non corrupt deputies in gov't.. Hopefully they will totally legalize hemp/marijuana here and stop the illegal, useless and senseless phony "War on Drugs".

More and more countries are making it legal so they can tax it, empty their prisons, offer cannabis oil to cure cancer and other life threatening diseases, improve their school and medical systems, increase their employment taxes and tell the USSA to stick it where the sun don't shine.

So now you explain to me why you are so opposed to legalizing it. BTW, please don't use that lame excuse of trying to change Panama. If Panama doesn't change for the better it will be left in shambles to the martinellis, to rape and plunder again.

Hidalgo49 wrote:

there is legislation against marijuana but I don't believe there is any legislation addressing "hemp"

username609 wrote:

We are launching a campaign to bring this to the attention of JCV .... Hopefully they will totally legalize hemp/marijuana here and stop the illegal, useless and senseless phony "War on Drugs".

From these two quotes, i can deduce that no one really know the laws concerning Hemp there and it is clear that no one can really provide a proof that hemp is legal or not.  :/

Therefore , i am informing you all that i am closing this thread as we can't leave illegal activities on the forum ! It is against our terms and conditions.

Regards

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed