New Friends in Helsinki

Hi!

I've been in Helsinki for three years now and am married to a Finnish man. Trying to broaden my circle of english speaking friends and would love to meet some other Americans here in Helsinki.

Hoping to get a group together to grab some drinks or coffee soon!

Kyla

Hello Kyla!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :)

Your discussion has been moved to Helsinki forum enabling you to communicate better with other active members.

Also, check out Helsinki expat network. There are lot of English speaking people currently on the network.

Cheers
Sheetul

am  new in  helsinki, and  need  a friend  to  talk to,  school  to lean the language,and proccedure  on how  to  find  a job. i am  a photographer,  graphic designer, video  cameraman  and  also a  producer. ilove  this country  and  i need  dicrection  on  how to go about things.

Hello Williams and welcome on Expat.com;)
Ok let's go for the tentative answers to your quest :lol:
regarding friends, I'm sure you have made the right move to enroll on Expat.com; you'll find some pretty soon, certainly if you browse around the forum...
As for learning the language and finding a job, you might want to post an ad in Helsinki's Classifieds in "Language Classes" and in the "Jobs" section.
Good luck for everything :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hey there! Iäve also been living in Hel for a little while. Currently IŽm working in a little town nearby and come everyweekend to the capital to meet my girlfriend and do stuff. IŽll love to meet friends with whome have a drink everynow and then : D
The weekend coming IŽm again in Helsinki, if any of you Kyla, Gyima want to have a nice chat in front of a coffee or something let me know.
Cheers
Juan

Hello Kyla, I've just moved to Vantaa from the United States three days ago and would love to meet new people.  I'm struggling a bit with Finnish, though I would like to learn.  Coffee or Drinks with a group sounds great!
-Rachel